No announcement yet.

DISGUSTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame them and put a war dialer on their phone line.

Comment

Well I think its bad when the guy you where working with calls you and appologizes for the fact they sold it to an employee and him apparently not knowing about it. It just goes to show.

Comment

Sorry to hear. In 1984 when I turned 16, after seeing an ad in the Auto Trader, I went to a used car dealer to look at a car. It was a 1970 Plymouth Fury Sport with a 383 for $500. It was bad ass. It was in the evening and in the days before ATM's. I was paying with my money from my grocery store job, but had it in the bank. My dad gave them a check for $100 as a deposit and we came back the next day with cash. The SOB sold it. He said the deposit was for him to not sell it and that he couldn't keep other salesmen from selling it. I wanted to punch him in the jaw. :violent1:
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

No deal is a done deal til you have a title in hand, I personally would give up on the dealerships and look private party.

Comment

I mean I guess that is true, but when the contract is drew up and you send a copy of your license and proof of current insurance and they ask for a deposit and you agree, you kinda figure the deal is yours I guess I was totally wrong

Comment

I put used car salesmen and politicians in the same category. Bottom of the barrel scum.
              Rick
              1993 Ford Festiva
              1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
              1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
              2000 Ford E350

Comment

Jeez, I have to buy cars for the state. The state has more ditches to jump than carter had pills. We ( the state ) can't do down payments to hold in a timely fashion. The result is I get to run a lot of vehicles or equipment before we finally get one.

I just ran estimates for repair , local sales records, made reports , submitted all and come Monday they sold it last weekend. Sold with a bad steering rack, bad shocks, missing spare, unsafe brakes could not stop in a straight line, original timing belt and water pump at 138K, auto trans fluid bad , tires junk and headlights so dim you could not see out of town at night. Some one is going to be ### because the battery was shot and that is the only thing they fixed!

We would buy new but this is one of three to be bought from a grant for students with "budget limitations".

The state has a "reuse program" but guess what is not available?

I parked the last one behind the dealership, maybe no one will notice, the check will arrive and we will have a new to us vehicle!!

Don't jump fast when you are not certain but cheat like ballgate when you have a keeper..retainer and papers!
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
                  I put used car salesmen and politicians in the same category. Bottom of the barrel scum.
                  How about lawyers too?

Do you know why they bury lawyers ten feet down instead of six?
                  Because deep, deep, deep down, they're good!

Comment

Think positive.....simply: wasn't meant to be and there will be another one....probably better!
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

The thing is. I've spent all my free time devoted to finding the perfect one for me. And honestly, I don't know if I have the heart or patience to sit all day scouring the Internet looking. I tried when I got home and came up with the same useless expired ads nobody takes down or rust buckets people think are worth a fortune.

Comment

clphipps......have you tried www.adhuntr.com........it searches craigslist all over the country......try it.
                        92 GL, 98k
                        77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          How about lawyers too?

Do you know why they bury lawyers ten feet down instead of six?
                          Because deep, deep, deep down, they're good!
                          Hey, that's not fair to all lawyers. It's just that 99% of them make the rest look bad.....
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Well I guess the search begins again!! There is a Red 93GL with only 51k but the lady won't return my emails! But she returned my friends email when he emailed her lol I'm JINXED

Comment

Thanks for being cool in the threads to me. I emailed the dealership a scathing email and I got a voice mail back trying to explain away their choice of action. More or less they said they couldn't sell me the car or anyone who is a member of the "general" public because it had too many issues, BUT its ok to sale it to an employee haha. Well I just sent them a message either they rectify the situation because I don't believe their crap excuse or I will contact the owners of the dealership pure and simple. This exact situation is what I was speaking of in the previous times this has happened to me. Always the same excuses. I quite frankly don't buy into it

Comment

clphips79 I feel your pain, I have been looking for a Black Sport for some time with your same results, the first Sport I found was in Atlanta and found by a member on this site, very nice original car, I called the used car lot, they sent more pic's so I could verify that it was what it was, I made the deal over the phone to buy it, sent them $500 to hold it, bought plane tickets, called and made sure they had the money, ya no problem when you going to come get it, I said 2 weeks, WHAT, ya I said I'm from Iowa and would be down in 2 weeks to get it, the guy hug up on me, I called back no answer, I called the next day, the guy answers and says the car had been sold, I did get my money back and I was able to cancel the flight but that doesn't makeup for the loss of the car. I found other Sports in MO. and Idaho but for some reason people think it's a joke when you call from out of state wanting to buy a Festiva. I did find my daily driver down in Bradenton Fl. now that FOTM is back up and going I plan to enter it sometime this year. Keep looking you will find one, just be patient.
                                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X