Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 aqua-colored Festiva GL STOLEN in Anchorage (mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 aqua-colored Festiva GL STOLEN in Anchorage (mine)

Stolen approximately November 2014 (I haven't been to Anchorage since last summer).

Attached is the only photo I can find on my laptop.

I was alerted by the police recently when they called to ask if I was using it as a getaway car in conjunction with shoplifting at local stores! Store owners have submitted theft reports along with the license plate number.

If you're in Anchorage and happen to see an aqua Festy (there are very few left in the Last Frontier), please call Anchorage police. The theft report number is 15-2936.

It has 12" mag wheels and I think the front grille is missing.
    Attached Files
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

WHAT!!! This sucks.

2 Festys have now been stolen!

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ndianapolis-IN

I hope you find your Festy and the ignoramus's that stole it!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Didn't think festys would climb the list of most stolen cars. Hope you find it soon.
      1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
      1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
      1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

that is wild. a stock festy would be near the bottom of my list for a "getaway" car. a stock aqua festiva even less so.

Comment

Rotten Just rotten. Sorry man.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Stolen Festy recovered.

My Anchorage aqua Festy was recovered in the wee hours of this morning.

I received a call from APD at midnight Anchorage time saying they had pulled the car over near downtown Anchorage in response to the theft report from two weeks ago.

The Festy is now in a safe place awaiting my inspection at some future time. It sounds like damage may be limited to hot-wiring a starter button in place of the ignition key. Fortunately, I have plenty of spare ignition switch units from complete Festy disassemblies in years past.
            Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 02-01-2015, 02:17 PM.
            88L black, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

Great news! Thanks for letting us know, and glad the perps were caught. Let 'em enjoy three meals and a cot for a few years, at taxpayers' expense.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Glad to hear that!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I had 150+ worth of tools stole from the side of the highway out of my Festiva recently, forgot to lock the hatch , got me red hot mad! I could only imagine if someone stole the whole car! Glad to hear you got it back, there are some true scumbags out there.

Comment

Excellent! I'm always happy to hear when a car is recovered.
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

The thief got off with 10 days of jail time and two years of probation, with 9 of the 10 days time credited for "time served" for skipping bail.

I'm entitled to make a claim for "restitution" for the damage he caused, supported by estimates. As seen in the attached photos, he did a number to the steering column/ignition lock. All of the duct tape is his. I seriously doubt that the local Ford dealer or anyone is going to be interested in giving me an estimate.

I do have spare everything (steering columns, dashboards, etc) down in the basement. Given how he broke the ignition switch right off the column and hacked at the wiring, I'm wondering whether it might be easier to simply replace the whole dashboard, or at least using the dashboard wiring harness from a spare dashboard.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 05-23-2015, 07:43 AM.
                      88L black, dailydriver
                      4 88/89 disassembled
                      91L green
                      91GL aqua pwrsteer
                      92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

Buy another Festiva and file that for restitution because it will cost more to have a shop fix all that than the car is worth. You can find the parts needed and fix it yourself and some day if he doesn't get killed first you will start receiving payments.
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The only Festy currently on CL in all of Alaska is this one asking $950 an hour away in Sarah Palin's stomping ground:

I have all the parts down in the heated basement. My claim is due July 31. If I could get a solid $1,000 out of the guy, doing a column/ignition/dash swap in August myself might make sense. The car is a rust-free GL with about 100K on it and recent drive shafts, brakes, tires, etc. It was essentially a perfect car before this bozo stole it.

Transporting a Festy from Seattle is impractical since it takes a week to drive the 2,500 miles.
                          88L black, dailydriver
                          4 88/89 disassembled
                          91L green
                          91GL aqua pwrsteer
                          92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

That one looks rougher than yours AFTER the bozo screwed it up. Guess you will have to add delivery charges onto your restitution, lol the chump deserves far worse !

Delivery from New Mexico, Florida ha
                            Last edited by Movin; 05-23-2015, 07:07 PM.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Movin,

I agree ... the Wasila Festy looks pretty rough. Those people who call the Last Frontier home year-round (not me) put a hard load on their vehicles.

At least it represents some sort of idea of "market" value. I have another two months to come up with more before my petition goes before the court.

I drove the car on the roads today for the first time since recovering it. Everything seems to work.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 05-23-2015, 09:32 PM.
                              88L black, dailydriver
                              4 88/89 disassembled
                              91L green
                              91GL aqua pwrsteer
                              92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

Working...
                              X