No announcement yet.

Staying in the Mental Festiva game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know how you search the CL ads and this is out of left field but maybe punch in Fiesta also or make sure to check out any 88-93 Fiesta listings. seems a brain fart thing that happens a lot with these cars and parts.

Comment

I found a red 93 GL sport on craigslist. I know a lot of people here always replace the seats and stuff, but I LOVE the fabric pattern in the sport package. Well this one was ripped to shreds and the dude took out the automatic seat belts because he didn't like them, and replaced them with NOTHING lol. Because of that it wouldn't even pass inspection here for me to drive it.

Comment

Buy the car and post a WTB ad for the parts you need/want

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          Buy the car and post a WTB ad for the parts you need/want
          I kinda don't have the technical know how to reinstall, from scratch the entire motorized seat belt system lol Thats kind of out of my world of expertise

Comment

Then look for a manual belt setup :p

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

If I lived in Australia or Sri Lanka I could have had a car weeks ago LOL Thats all I keep finding! I was even so bold to ask a lady at McDonald's this past week if she was interested in selling her red GL. I told her I would even take her home haha. But she said it was the only car she had and wasn't well enough to buy another one I kinda felt bad then

Comment

clphippps79= You've given encouragement to some of us who might sell someday. I bought my Festiva last summer, when I got alarmed looking at used cars and the prices of the cars and parts these days. I'm on a fixed income, and wanted to insure I can still have a car when I'm even older (61 this weekend) and so many cars these days for sale now include a long list of repairs needing to be made. This is a change from the past and seems to me like people are riding the financial edges more now than ever, and simply aren't keeping up with keeping their cars in repair in this hurried world under threat of being fired to the amusement of all.

I don't want to sell yet, but I feel like I could see a return on my investment if I decided to, and maybe even break even. The car's been parked since I bought it, although I put some blood sweat and tears into it at the end of last summer, and getting too old and infirm to work on old jalopies, although this is a relative cherry, and replaces the one I had to leave behind a few years back after being flooded out of my home then.

PS- the late summer here proved the best buying time- and there appear many Festivas in obscure out of the way Florida places here that generally aren't rusted and often not too many miles on them. It is the middle of winter now and not a good time, but you can probably find something good this summer if you're patient.
                Last edited by harpon; 02-08-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
                  clphippps79= You've given encouragement to some of us who might sell someday. I bought my Festiva last summer, when I got alarmed looking at used cars and the prices of the cars and parts these days. I'm on a fixed income, and wanted to insure I can still have a car when I'm even older (61 this weekend) and so many cars these days for sale now include a long list of repairs needing to be made. This is a change from the past and seems to me like people are riding the financial edges more now than ever, and simply aren't keeping up with keeping their cars in repair in this hurried world under threat of being fired to the amusement of all.

I don't want to sell yet, but I feel like I could see a return on my investment if I decided to, and maybe even break even. The car's been parked since I bought it, although I put some blood sweat and tears into it at the end of last summer, and getting too old and infirm to work on old jalopies, although this is a relative cherry, and replaces the one I had to leave behind a few years back after being flooded out of my home then.

PS- the late summer here proved the best buying time- and there appear many Festivas in obscure out of the way Florida places here that generally aren't rusted and often not too many miles on them. It is the middle of winter now and not a good time, but you can probably find something good this summer if you're patient.
                  Ya know the love is still there for this car. Its been 13 years since I last drove one. The itch hit me last summer and I've been on the hunt ever since. I have said this before, but it was a white 93 GL automatic. It had the red striped interior. It had a blue wave type paint stroke graphic down both sides. I remember knowing what I wanted as my first car and it was a Festiva

Comment

I've had a lot of cars over a lifetime, including a sweet 69 Plymouth Barracuda with a flowered vinyl top and matching bucket seat interior. But all in all I have to say the 88 Festiva was the best car I ever had, in terms of reliability and not needing repairs, and remarkable most that I bought it at 175 K and had to let it go with more than 275K and no major repairs. The 96 Aspire is catching up though I think- knock on wood.
                    Last edited by harpon; 02-09-2015, 12:58 AM.

Comment

that video could easily be said about our Festiva's and what I did when I sold mine

Comment

Have you checked this one out?

It's in SC
                        "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                        "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                        "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                        "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                        "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                        "Wenona"-89L parts car
                        "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Tryin to help .. tried not get any you've already seen

Memphis
                          https://autos.yahoo.com/news/consume...--finance.html

Roanoke VA
                          a little ruff $400
                          http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/4883464501.html

Johnson city VA
                          http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/4879240966.html

Charlotte NC
                          B6T swap
                          http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4836383927.html

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4878216703.html

Granitteville GA
                          http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/4872065536.html

The one Red Festy that is going for $3000 is in at least 4 states around Tennessee! Saw it on almost every CL ad I clicked on. lol
                          Last edited by drddan; 02-10-2015, 05:46 AM.
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

When I bought my festiva, I was just thinking about it one day how it'd be nice to have one too project on. Pay day and Friday I was driving home from work on my normal route and saw it
                            My little white and blue festiva. 1000 dollars obo, and when I called the guys number, he said he had just placed it out there ten minutes earlier. I think it was a sign that it happened it that time period because I could have missed it if he would have been a little later

Comment

no info, but CHEAP

Comment

nothing personal but I find it hard to believe that anyone would take off on a sunday
                                having not spoken to the seller since thursday night/friday am to go get anything.

10 minutes or 6 hours, no matter. you call the guy and say "I'm leaving now" and
                                "will you promise me that you won't sell it till I get there"? if no promise then
                                I tell them to forget it. I've told people "I'm leaving now" only to have them sell it
                                before I got there.

If I'm selling something and don't hear from buyer for 2 days all bets are off.
                                sure he should have called you but the phone lines work both ways. 2 days -no speak -too long

please, I ain't trying to beat you up. you may be a smart person but going on a 6 hr
                                drive not having comunicated with seller for 2 days is a dumb thing to do.

I've done my share of dumb things so I ain't playing a holier than thou card.

theres how you keep motivated - play it smart, cut out the dumb stuff and you'll
                                come out ok.

please accept my appoligies if that offends you. I hope it was a "lesson learned" thing.

how I found mine was to place a wanted ad on craigslist. put it in the cars for sale section. put it
                                anywhere you are willing to travel to. atlanta list, asheville, etc. when they call you, you will get to
                                at least look at it first.
                                Last edited by loknlode; 02-11-2015, 05:13 PM.
                                admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Working...
                                X