No announcement yet.

auction option in the FS forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simply give bad feedback to someone who abuses the auction rules.

Comment

300 400 500 posts minimum?
      -Bryant

Comment

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Ebay has a horrible fee for selling items. It could actually be profitable for a seller if it happened here. Usually by the time you buy something CHEAP, list it on eBay for free, deduct shipping charges and the PayPal and ebay fees your lucky to break even. PayPal fees are not the same as eBay fees, those come about a month later @15% of the selling price comming out of your bank account when you least expect it.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

True. I haven't sold on there in forever. Always seemed like more trouble than it was worth.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

ebay fees are ridiculously expensive. In order for me to sell a set of tail lights and still get $50 after fees, I need to sell the taillights for about $65-70 depending on if there is incentives running at the time or not.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I sell a lot of stuff on ebay but I only use the BIN option. That way I can incorporate the fees into how much I sell for. The last few times I listed auction style I literally lost money. I really hope we can figure this out on here. That way we all have a chance with some of the cooler stuff. I try to get on here as much as possible so I can sometimes be the frst to see what is [FS]. Even then I have still missed out on stuff I would have doubled the sellers' money on.

1. Honor system for buyers with a 250 post minimum (potentially shows tenure), negative feedback for non payers.
                2. Honor system for sellers also with a 250 post min.
                3. $1 increments under $50
                4. $5 increments under $150
                5. $10 increments over $150
                6. Every item must have a very explicit description with non blurry photos (both of these should eliminate any issues)
                7. Price and location is a must
                8. Shipping cost is a must
                9. Photos deleted at auction end.
                10. entire transaction is completely between the 2 involved parties
                11. PayPal only
                Last edited by Gomez; 03-15-2015, 09:53 PM.
                -Bryant

Comment

^ I see this, as it might work, with some rules applied, like above.

Still who would manage it all? Would this require a separate moderator? or would this fall on the shoulders of the FS area mod?
                  Last edited by drddan; 03-15-2015, 11:21 PM.
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

i have changed my email account and didnt change my profile on ff.com i think i have 300 posts, i have come across a thing or 2 that's hard to find. what would happen if i got a new profile?

Comment

Originally posted by jaketlong11 View Post
                      i have changed my email account and didnt change my profile on ff.com i think i have 300 posts, i have come across a thing or 2 that's hard to find. what would happen if i got a new profile?
                      Admins can change your username so you keep all your posts..... I might have that ability now as well but I haven't tried

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Working...
                        X