Tilt steering column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt steering column

I am pretty stoked to find a tilt steering column on a search and rescue mission today.I had only heard of there existence spoken of in hush tones in the darkest corners.

nice find!!

Comment

Just look for an 88-89 LX. They had the tilt steering column.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

all of them!?!?!?

Comment

Every 88 LX I have seen had tilt steering. I think it was a standard feature in that year.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

boss

Comment

I have owned a dozen efi.exept for an 88 i rescued for parts from a field.Stripped a few parts and gave it to a broke festy bro to get it off my trailer.Win ~win for both of us.I dont think i would want a carby unless it was an lx.

Comment

on the 88-89 is this a direct swap?
                IE just unplug connectors from one and connect to the new(used) tilt column from an LX?
                What about ignition? is that swap-able?
                Just curious since the LX til\t setup has the intermittent stalk the the L doesn't.

Comment

I know that the column switch with variable intermittent wipers that I got from fourgreen was a direct fit for my 89 automatic L which doesn't have tilt.
                  Last edited by 1990new; 03-07-2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                    I know that the column switch with variable intermittent wipers that I got from fourgreen was a direct fit for my 89 automatic L which doesn't have tilt.
                    Do you happen to have the part number for the variable intermittent wiper switch?

Comment

Originally posted by bolokid View Post
                      Do you happen to have the part number for the variable intermittent wiper switch?
                      Here it is. It's now about $14 cheaper than it was when I bought it two years ago.

http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...-p-KK19166120D

Comment

I'd like to know this too. I have a 88lx parts car, and I wonder if the tilt column can be fitted to the 90-93 Dashboard? Or does the entire dashboard need to be swapped?
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          I'd like to know this too. I have a 88lx parts car, and I wonder if the tilt column can be fitted to the 90-93 Dashboard? Or does the entire dashboard need to be swapped?
                          it will bolt right up. i have one in my 92 festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            Here it is. It's now about $14 cheaper than it was when I bought it two years ago.

http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...-p-KK19166120D
                            This appears to have the white lettering, is there some way to determine color from the part #?

Comment

Originally posted by bolokid View Post
                              This appears to have the white lettering, is there some way to determine color from the part #?
                              Yes it is white lettering. They show other alternate part numbers but this is the only one that comes up if you enter any of those part numbers so I suspect that if they still have them, they are all have white lettering.
                              Last edited by 1990new; 03-08-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X