What have you done with your exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the 1.3 sounds like a 1.4?
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      Sound clip or it's not real

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Come to madness and get a sound clips in person.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Mine. The rapid knocking is the engine against the firewall. Gonna take care of that when my filled mounts cure completely. Then my phone can't handle the frequency or whatever when the engine revs high plus the trans whine so it turned into a buzz. I'll try again some other time. This gets about 3/4 of the real sound.

Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

It's stock. I love the sound to the car, it's so smooth and sounds like a regular 90's car would.

Comment

Originally posted by FordFastiva View Post
            It's stock. I love the sound to the car, it's so smooth and sounds like a regular 90's car would.
            I do love the sound of my new factory spec muffler
            Last edited by Meepersly; 09-25-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Yeeep. Someone told me my car is too noisy (except for the fact that it is not because it's a factory, new muffler). I told them my car is more than 20 years old and it runs better than their 2 year old Chevy. Shaking and shuttering is not normal for a new car. It's just all the more reason to own a Festiva. Good gas mileage, insurance is cheap, parts are really really cheap. Everything is mechanical, the car will run like a champ. Expect it to last you more than 300k miles under good maintenance.

Comment

Yep get the same response

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                  Does the drilling of holes I'm the airbox actually improve the car?
                  I didnt explain that very well. What i did was drill a large hole in the side of the airbox and run a hose from it to the wide open grille. Then i cut the narrow end off a large funnel and taped it to the end of the hose. Ram air! Lol. Later on i drilled small holes in the bottom of the airbox to let water out.
                  I did that and changed the fuel filter at the same time (dumb). There was a steep, long hill near where i lived at the time and starting at 100km/hr at the bottom and flooring the gas at the same spot each time i was doing 6km/hr faster at the top after changing the fuel filter and adding the hose and funnel.
                  It obviously wouldn't help at all at low speeds, i was hoping it would help me pass people on the highway quicker and help my 1/4 mile time a bit, but i dunno. Never did an official 1/4 mile run before that so it was hard to tell if it helped... I kinda doubt it, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice how is your fuel econ? Still 40? For some reason I am only getting 20mpg

Comment

You want to try to remedy that. I'd be concerned about washing Oil of the Cyl walls if its running that rich. Even an ATX Aspire gets 30 mpg when properly tuned.
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Have you checked your coolant temp sensor yet? The one on the back of the head threaded into the intake manifold

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

That affects fuel econ?

Comment

That affects fuel econ?
                            Heck Ya
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

What have you done with your exhaust?

Yikes! Is your thermostat stuck open? Any fuel lines leaking? When your car is idling and warm does the exhaust smell like raw gas? Are your brakes seized? Wheel bearing seized? An injector stuck open? Choke stuck on? Does it idle and run nice? Maybe start a different thread on this topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-25-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Thermostat is new and works good batter than the old one. And everything else checks out except intake manifold coolant sensor

Comment

Working...
                                X