well... should I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well... should I get it?

Not much of an aspire fan but I got a good offer on one for $500 just has a fuel pump issue. (Maybe I'll get lucky and it's just a relay or that impact switch)

Links to pics I took. I gotta act fast before the title is turned in and it gets scrapped, but is it worth it? does it look worth it at least? I got an extra b3 in case the engine isn't so great.
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

I'd see if they would take 350 I'd give no more than 450

Comment

Originally posted by 14carrot View Post
      I'd see if they would take 350 I'd give no more than 450
      considering how I had bought a trans and engine and tranny from this yard I kind of expect at least as low as $400. Good idea I'll try $350 and see where we end.

Comment

Only reason is because you're buying almost blindly. You could put a pump and relay on and then the injectors be gummed to halides with old gas. You know?

Comment

Originally posted by 14carrot View Post
          Only reason is because you're buying almost blindly. You could put a pump and relay on and then the injectors be gummed to halides with old gas. You know?
          One of the people who worked there said he did run it off a fuel bottle. I assume he just dumped fuel in the intake. I have another b3 so injectors or fuel components don't seem to be a problem

Comment

Well. I'm a firm believer in the no 1.3 left behind program! Lol

Comment

Going to go negotiate after work today and see if I can work him down on the price. I think aspires are starting to grow on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                Going to go negotiate after work today and see if I can work him down on the price. I think aspires are starting to grow on me.
                They are the "luxury Festiva". :-) I think the early-90s cars in general were the automotive sweet spot, as far as being sufficiently modern, but not required to do emissions testing (here in MO). We don't do emissions until the OBD-II cars, starting in '96. Everything before that is exempt.

For some reason the speedos tend to go out on Aspires. No idea why. Mine is on its fourth! Might want to snag a couple from the JY when the opportunity arises. $10 here.
                Last edited by TominMO; 10-14-2015, 10:50 AM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thankfully I don't have to worry about emissions here in nm.

Comment

Ok getting it tomorrow for $400

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                      Ok getting it tomorrow for $400
                      Another 1.3 saved!

Comment

Yes but scary thing is it was run with no air filter. Here in Clovis nm it gets very dusty. The air hose has a lot of dust in it. Surprisingly it doesn't burn oil so going to clean everything. Maybe try seafoam in the intake for the inside cylinders or pull the head and clean it. Besides that and the fuel pump I am getting pretty excited. I haven't tried seafoam but I guess it works heck I'll pull the sparkplugs and look in the cylinders before I try cleaning in the cylinders. If the dust just passed through this part then I'll just clean the intake.
                        Last edited by Meepersly; 10-14-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

These motors go a long way- Did you mention how many miles on it?

I like to do a couple a couple of very quick oil changes and then run distillate injector/fuel cleaner in the gas tank ALWAYS.

I 've had good luck with my '96- only 116K though

I think a Festiva is more fun to drive, Not as much head room on the Aspires- don't go terribly wide if you get new tires and they do well on gas.
                          Last edited by harpon; 10-14-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I already forgot. I think it is up around 130k? I was going to take a pic of the dash but I got so excited I forgot. I'll take pics tomorrow when I get it.

Comment

How many cars can you stash on base? Lol
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X