No announcement yet.

well... should I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many as I can until they say something is the plan. I know someone who buys and sells cars on base and he has a few cars so I think I can get away with it.
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

If you use seafoam put half in the fuel and use a vacuum hose to suck it into the vacuum system the car will smoke and run rough while you do it, but the smoke means its working! Lol I swear by seafoam and rislone.

Comment

If it cleans it I'm happy. Also this car appears to not have any oil leaks. Even the valve cover is dry

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
          If it cleans it I'm happy. Also this car appears to not have any oil leaks. Even the valve cover is dry
          Did it have any oil in it? Lol. That's rare. Sounds like a solid purchase.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It looks like brand new oil. It was filled almost all the way to the full mark on the dipstick.

Comment

Sounds like a solid win!

Comment

Yeah besides the air filter it looks well maintained under the hood. Outside looks pretty rough, but you can tell that from the photos.

Comment

Harbor freight has a body hammer/ dolly set on sale for $35...

Comment

Only dent is the hood I'll take a rubber mallet to it first. Just the paint is baked off it.

Comment

Pretty sweet deal though. Planning anything or just gonna drive it?

Comment

For now just drive it until o finish my b8-me swap on my festiva. Then either a bp or ford focus ztec engine if that's possible. Or maybe a 1.6l dohc engine I wanted to put in my festiva but then found the 1.8

Comment

I was pondering a zetec swap in my festiva Its never been done from my understanding.

Comment

Looks like a bolt up. If I do it I will make a build thread and post updates.

Comment

Please do! Lol I can't try it yet because I've sunk a lot of money in my recent festiva rescue. I'll attempt some sort of swap in the future though.

Comment

Been sinking money into my current swap. Probably going to take a little time before I can do it, but I love doing stuff like this. It's hard for me to modify my festiva because its so clean I'm afraid of changing stuff like motor mounts or cutting anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X