Engine fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fire

Some wiring caught on fire now she won't start. Was possibly an important part. Oh, it was the wire that attaches to the fuel pressure unit thing. Yep important, I am also fortunate that I stopped at the gas station.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

I lied, it's the idle air control valve wiring.
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Possibly a coincidence, but the check engine light no longer comes on. Anyways, is it possible to get home, about 30 miles, by bypassing the iac valve?
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I wonder if it blew the fusable link under the hood.Does it turn over ?

Comment

Yea it turns over. Holy ship, looks like it did blow that fuse. Good call
          Last edited by Chobobulous; 10-22-2015, 07:29 PM. Reason: language
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
            Possibly a coincidence, but the check engine light no longer comes on. Anyways, is it possible to get home, about 30 miles, by bypassing the iac valve?
            Sure. Once the car's warmed up, you don't even need the IAC. I acts like a carby's choke during cold starts. Matt D deleted the IAC entirely on his shop motor (I bought the car from him), and it ran fine once warmed up.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

U may need to service or cut out the fried wiring to the iac.I assume it blew the fuse toward the passenger side ?

Comment

Tom did you have to feather the gas to keep it running.
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Sweet, thank you. I had an extra pink fuse in the glove box. It started. Going to limp her back home. I have another iac valve somewhere. I'm gonna have to search for the pigtail though.
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

That is correct the passenger side one. I've taped off the loose ends, and will start the drive back. I wonder what caused that.
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      Sure. Once the car's warmed up, you don't even need the IAC. I acts like a carby's choke during cold starts. Matt D deleted the IAC entirely on his shop motor (I bought the car from him), and it ran fine once warmed up.
                      I have to physically bypass it or leave how it is unplugged
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I hope just bad insulation on the fried wiring you replace it and all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
                          I hope just bad insulation on the fried wiring you replace it and all is good.
                          The nearest yard to get the pigtail is about an hour away. As long as she gets me there and back we will be golden.
                          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I removed mine about 10 years ago, sealed the intake. I run good synthetic oil and set the idle a hair high for off road idling along. 10 below is fine but we had some 30 below F for awhile once and I had to babysit the throttle for a bit. Need to anyway to make sure you do not pump the pan dry and blow the motor. Synthetic rocked there though, no problems.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I just made it home, thank you everybody
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X