VAF Interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAF Interchangeability

Does anyone know if there are any other cars that use the same VAF as ours? My VAF has been modified and im unsure if it is still is working order and would like to go out to pick n pull and grab one to test. there are no festivas at my local yard though
    Originally posted by bhearts
    What is one man's trash is a festiva owners upgrade. Lol

Aspires? Other Mazda's have them too but they are set differently due to a different sized engine.
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Festivas have MAFs, Aspires have VAFs. did I recently read on the forum that Miata gen1 MAFs were the same as Festivas, or the same as B6D ones like on the Capri (which would make more sense)?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

B6d would make more sense but I bet they could swap as long as if they were adjusted properly. That's right for some reason I thought the aspire had a vaf. Probably due to them sharing the engine.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
        88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Aspires have mass air and festivas have vein flow meters the b6 is the same.i used a 2.2 Mazda mx6 one because it was bigger just swapped the guts from the festivas into the mazdas meter

Comment

Done some research and if you look at re-manufactured air flow meters for ford festivas they are the same part number for all the non gt 323's, lots of protege's, first gen Toyota MR2's (AW11) and miatas
            Originally posted by bhearts
            What is one man's trash is a festiva owners upgrade. Lol

Comment

Yeah I've seen that too the

Comment

I know the non gt 323's vafs works

Comment

Originally posted by wisconstiva View Post
                  Aspires have mass air and festivas have vein flow meters the b6 is the same.i used a 2.2 Mazda mx6 one because it was bigger just swapped the guts from the festivas into the mazdas meter
                  Thanks, I remembered it backwards.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    Thanks, I remembered it backwards.
                    Your just getting old.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      Your just getting old.
                      Pot, kettle......

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Pot, kettle......
                        Yep
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I tried a capri na b6d vaf on a b3 just starts and dies.

Comment

I used a 323 b6 single cam vaf meter and it worked.i know you can swap ttge festys vaf internals into different meters that are larger and it will work.my festiva I had in highschool I used a mx6 2.2 vaf but swapped the festys internals into it.its just a chip board inside from what I remember

Comment

Working...
                            X