Water meth kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZephTheChef View Post
    I have this in the Benz. It is a really slick setup, but probably overkill. I don't remember if their float kit is included or if it's an add-on but it basically gives you a remote means of knowing when your tank is getting low.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2619041...chn=ps&lpid=82

I have this in the Buick...a little more stripped down than the AIS kit.

http://coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.a...ey=Trunk_mount

I believe they both also have smaller fender mount kits. I would agree with Charlie, if you can run it without a solenoid or check valve that would eliminate a lot of sources of potential failure or leaks. I have had quite a bit of trouble with check valves. You also need to be careful with the vacuum line to the boost switch...if it gets kinked it can allow boost through that then gets trapped and keeps the pump active after you come back off the throttle. Not fun. I have an intentional boost leak in my hose near the boost switch just to prevent that from ever being possible again.

In related thinking, make sure you wire the trigger to ignition power not battery power, and also run the pump off a relay not the boost switch directly. Despite some of the switches claiming they can run a pump, I briefly had one installed that way one time and the switch stuck on after I shut the car down and filled the engine full of water. Had to pull all the plugs.
    That 1st kit is nice! but i think the 2nd one is more what im looking for.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I defer to Charlie on questions specific to this engine/setup. I am assuming then that the little turbo doesn't hold the 16psi up top if it only makes 180-200hp? I was figuring 220 @ 5000 and 250-260 @ 6000 just based on displacement, but if the turbo is out of air up top or the cam just doesn't flow there then I can understand being way off. I guess I probably shouldn't apply VE numbers like on a sportier engine.

Charlie, what do you think about his mix % since he is intercooled? I would think a much higher percentage methanol if not straight meth would be more likely to vaporize. The BTU capacity to bring that air back down to ambient is definitely there even without water in the mix.
      The b6t was wonderfully designed to make about 160hp. Anything above that is getting further from its comfort zone. The turbine housing and wastegate are too restrictive for more flow than the vj14 compressor can produce. I tried a vj11 compressor on my 14 turbo and it took me less than an hour to melt the pistons. This was on a very demanding road coarse with a 140mph straight.
      In addition to the restrictive turbine and wastegate, the intake manifold is not tuned to make TQ over 5500rpm. In order for a 1.6 to make over 200hp with 8 to 1 compression, you'd need a TQ peak around 6500-7000rpm. This isn't going to happen gracefully with the stock B6t intake manifold, or cam profiles. Basically, it's a great little turbo engine, and way overbuilt for what it does, but it's been detuned pretty drastically. From the factory.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I plan to have an intake built at some point in the near future. A member on here was talking to me about his that he makes and it sounded pretty good. The festiva is getting quite a bit of cash this winter but it was build a festiva or buy a new car. After getting into it I couldn't say no to the b6t build.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          I plan to have an intake built at some point in the near future. A member on here was talking to me about his that he makes and it sounded pretty good. The festiva is getting quite a bit of cash this winter but it was build a festiva or buy a new car. After getting into it I couldn't say no to the b6t build.
          I can only assume you are talking about Bryan. He'll certainly have plenty of practice by the time he actually gets a manifold on somebody's car, lol...there have got to be 5 or 6 manifolds laying around the shop in various states of completion and quality.

Comment

A b6t swap Festiva is one of the best automotive bargains of all time. I built mine 5 years ago and it's delivered 100k miles worth of ear to ear grins ever since. It's as fast as a c6 Z06 Corvette, it's got as much usable cargo space as a station wagon and it still gets over 30 miles per gallon. Hard to beat the versatility and performance of a built festiva.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              A b6t swap Festiva is one of the best automotive bargains of all time. I built mine 5 years ago and it's delivered 100k miles worth of ear to ear grins ever since. It's as fast as a c6 Z06 Corvette, it's got as much usable cargo space as a station wagon and it still gets over 30 miles per gallon. Hard to beat the versatility and performance of a built festiva.
              Very true. I was looking into all cars. I have always wanted a twin supra (now that would be a money pit). I came back to the festiva for the simple reason that they are fun little cars. My festiva stock is a fun car. I just cant wait to have it over 200hp and able to use most of it. Will be a blast and best bang for the buck.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Ok guys im looking to order a meth kit in the next couple days to have it in time to install next weekend. Please send me a link to the kit you think would be best bang for my buck. Please keep in mind that i am new to water meth kit so i dont really need to get crazy with options. Just something to play with on the b6t is all im looking for.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I am thinking
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

That looks good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Could i drill and tap the stock capri intake pipe? Put the nozzle as far away from the intake but still on the factory intake pipe?
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

That is the first kit I bought. Works good. Sometimes it is cheaper in their eBay store than on their website. I would probably put it in the intercooler outlet like Charlie says.

Comment

That is the first kit I bought. Works good. Sometimes it is cheaper in their eBay store than on their website. I would probably put it in the intercooler outlet like Charlie says.
                          I will have to take a look at the stock capri IC. Im not sure if i can place it there but i will try.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The kit was ordered yesterday. I should have it mid week. I hope to get it installed as soon as i get it. gonna have to find a local place to buy meth now!
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Where do you live. I know you can buy it by the barrel in okc

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                                Where do you live. I know you can buy it by the barrel in okc

That's going to be big money if there's no pump local to him. Shipping drums of it is very expensive due to has-mat fees. Plus, the last batch I bought was up at like $2.75 a gallon. It was half that when I bought all those drums the first time. Plus, 55 gallons and mixing 50/50 in a Festiva would last years.

My advice would be to find a shop or race track that sells it by the gallon. You'll probably pay more per gallon that way but don't have to spend $300 at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X