X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by leex6221 View Post
      Owner says its not structural. How bad is this rust? Worth buying still?
      Yes its structural (very structural)
      Define Bad
      Depends on the price (If it can be safely driven away,its a $300 car in my book)
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Yes its structural (very structural)
        Define Bad
        Depends on the price (If it can be safely driven away,its a $300 car in my book)
        Bad as in will the rust on this festiva cause a premature fail of any vital components? I want to have a Festiva that will last and can be used as a daily driver.

Comment

The outside of the car isnt part of the unibody so technically isnt structural, even though it is. I dont think that you can confirm from those 2 photos how bad the underside is. You would have to take a better look to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are rusty Rocker Panels a concern......

Originally posted by leex6221 View Post
            Bad as in will the rust on this festiva cause a premature fail of any vital components? I want to have a Festiva that will last and can be used as a daily driver.
            I bought a Festiy from a Guy in Madison who had another in his Yard that had to be towed home. It hit a pot hole and ripped the rear beam from under the car. The Rockers are made from 3 layers of steel, they are structural... I have quite a few Midwest driven Aspires & Festys that have the same rust. The only way to tell how Bad the damage is. Is to remove it til you find solid rust free Metal. Once it has migrated all the way inboard. Into the Rear Beam mounts is when you have to be concerned.
            All of this rust is caused by Salt being sprayed into the area & not flushed out regularly.Owners didnt under-flush these cars,there is good news though. The State is Starting to use Beet Juice now.
            They have thrown much Salt on the ground that its effecting the Water table :puke:
            Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-20-2015, 11:03 PM.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
            X