Best Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    You can't run a 13" wheel with them and you still have the stupid captured rotor. They're heavier too.
    I agree with everything you're saying. However, I have machined Capri knuckles with EGT calipers and non-captured Galante Rotors. There is a way around it. That being said, this thread is about the "BEST build" and aspire would be the best swap in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFestiva88 View Post
      I agree with everything you're saying. However, I have machined Capri knuckles with EGT calipers and non-captured Galante Rotors. There is a way around it. That being said, this thread is about the "BEST build" and aspire would be the best swap in the USA.
      I did that too. Still 14" minimum and that just makes them bigger and heavier yet. I ended up downsizing to aspire.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
        i am staying with the festiva rear beam. It would save me from having to buy and redrill my rear drums. Also i like the idea of having stronger brakes up front. I think ill need them!

Are the capri brakes all that bad? I still dont know what im going to do 100% yet
        The capri knuckles are also a bit taller, so you loose some front suspension travel if you want to run the car fairly low
        If you do run Capri front brakes, you'll need aspire control arms. The axles bind if you use festy control arms with capri brakes and a g series tranny.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

My ideal build would be 2 Festivas. 1 for the street and one for the track. Pedro is pretty much perfect for the street, and the track car is an ever evolving work, lol.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well you know where they are parked!

Comment

Working...
            X