No announcement yet.

Festy for life or are you dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm thinking about letting mine go. It mostly sits in backyard cause I have a 2014 fusion and my pickup and when I go somewhere my wife usually goes too and she don't like the little car cause it sits too low to ground and if someone hit us it would not protect her much. I use to drive all time to work but I've been retired now for almost four years and start it up now and then and drive it a little. I still love driving it but since i don't much now, I'd hate to see it go to waste being all work I put into it and new windshield here couple months ago so I'll probably post it up when spring gets here and can come get it. Still runs great and only has 205,000 on it. So sorry, yea i'm sure I'll be leaving.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I'll probably stick it out for a while
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
        I've had a few, 4 actually. Currently have one and have way too much $$ into it. Its paid for, 36 bucks a month to insure, 40 bucks roughly a month for fuel, freshly painted, and after this weekend...new wheel bearings, passenger cv axle and timing belt/water pump replaced. Its a ton of fun to drive and I fit in it perfectly and I'm 6'2". I'm in.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19088[/ATTACH]

The dark one was my first that I painted and fluffed up and the white is my current that I just painted.
        Love em!
        The black one is sweet ! i rarely see black ones

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not committing to 'life', but I'll probably keep mine as long as it's feasible.

Really don't have any desire to upgrade as this is the newest car I own ('93),

Comment

Been into Festivas since 2001. Can't see any reason to change at the moment. Drove my daughter's '91 today... makes me want to get my project car finished even more.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
              Been into Festivas since 2001. Can't see any reason to change at the moment. Drove my daughter's '91 today... makes me want to get my project car finished even more.
              Lol Ian. I did the same thing this evening with Mom's 91 (my old car). She was having an issue and took it out for a spin to see what it was. Damn, I miss driving that thing. Back to the garage for me to finish some stuff I started today on my car. I don't think I could even sell the car for what I will have into it when completed. Labor of love I guess!!!
              -Bryant

Comment

4LYF!!!!
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                  The black one is sweet ! i rarely see black ones

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
                  Hey, thanks runner406.....it was that dark charcoal metallic B1 paint code me thinks......it was a real reliable auto car.....sold the ole girl on ebay about 2-3 years ago. Peace.
                  92 GL, 98k
                  77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Will be driving a Festiva for as long as I can fix it. But at age 55, I dislike working on cars more and more. Have two Festivas and four parts cars. So I'm fixed for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X