Score!! i got another one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!! i got another one!

its a 90 L plus, 5 speed, has tach cluster, the interior is pretty nice but it needs to be cleaned. it drives but the engine idles at 2200 RPM, and the RPM will go lower like to 1700 for a second then back up to 2200 and keep going back and forth, im guessing its a bad TPS, or the MAS. it leaks oil, i think the leak is coming from the oil pan gasket. i got this one for 50 bucks too. its way better off than my white car, so the white 90L will be used as a parts car for this and the 91 GL B6T car. is there a good way to remove the silly graphics off the sides?
    AIM= bobbo216

Awesome deal! Don't forget to put the passenger side mirror from the white car on there!... as for the stripes, a razor blade and a lot of patience ... and fix the rust on the hood, all the ones people have been buying lately are rusting in that same spot, lol
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck
      Awesome deal! Don't forget to put the passenger side mirror from the white car on there!... as for the stripes, a razor blade and a lot of patience ... and fix the rust on the hood, all the ones people have been buying lately are rusting in that same spot, lol
      the white car u can see in that pic is the b6T car, my white 90 L doesnt have any cool options to take, im just going to use the headlight and fender off it after i paint the fender red. im going to try some polishing compound on those faded panels to see if they will shine up at all. im looking for either a pass side mirror or power mirrors now.
      AIM= bobbo216

Comment

Great deal man, napa sells this big eraser that goes on a drill thats what i used to get my graphics off with.

Comment

Originally posted by ramichael
          Great deal man, napa sells this big eraser that goes on a drill thats what i used to get my graphics off with.
          cool! ill have to look for that.
          AIM= bobbo216

Comment

how did you happen to find this one?
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Oh and by the way great color too.

Comment

I've been poking at the graphics on mine and find that holding a rag wet with lacquer thinner on them for a while makes them a lot easier to get off (with a razor blade).

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
                  how did you happen to find this one?
                  i was driving down a dirt road and it was sitting in someones yard, stopped and asked about it, the guy thought it was funny that i wanted to fix it up and he said i could have it for 50 bucks.

Oh and by the way great color too.
                  yeah i think so too, i hope it polishes up good. i might try repainting it red with the "50 dollar paint job"

Originally posted by Dave G
                  I've been poking at the graphics on mine and find that holding a rag wet with lacquer thinner on them for a while makes them a lot easier to get off (with a razor blade).
                  cool, ill have to try that then.
                  AIM= bobbo216

Comment

Very lucky ..Nice find there Bob !!
                    That red will look great when you polish it .
                    Faded red cleans up pretty good
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
                      Red does clean up good mine was really bad faded when i bought it, but now look at , almost perfection.

Comment

Remember when you paint the parts to paint the grill, they don't seem to polish up.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
                          Red does clean up good mine was really bad faded when i bought it, but now look at , almost perfection.
                          is that the original paint?! was it faded as bad as mine?
                          AIM= bobbo216

Comment

Looks orginal to me but what do I know :roll:
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Dandydon62's car was faded that bad ,looked just like it , he used some cheap Turtle wax on it , I could not believe how good it looked .
                              I personally would use some Mequires on it , maybe a cleaner wax first , or a fine cut if it is really oxidized then use the glaze , or just use the glaze by itself , I use the glaze on everything .
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                              X