No announcement yet.

Rust free vs. rusted out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A chilly 72 in Phoenix, you say? It's been pushing 90 in the LA area where I just spent a few days this week.
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Spraying used motor oil all over everything down below is a good way to prevent major rot. I also welded that bracket to the frame when I patched it all up to help strengthen things up.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk
      1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
      Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
      daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
      A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Yes i have used used motor oil as a cheap quick short cut on one of mine to slow some rust down.My other 2 are rust free and in storage for the winter.I am not sold on that being the best option for those yet as motor oil can collect more grime.The one pictured is the one i let you pick off.It had severe frame rot and was crusty underneath when i picked it up for parts.I imagine it could have been repaired and put back in service for a couple more years as a good beater if i had had the inclination toward that.I do not right now but perhaps down the road if that were my only option.I am waiting on your offer to send me parts no. and list that you have for coil overs.If you cant do that no prob as i am sure i can easily get that info elsewhere here.
        Last edited by jfd64; 02-13-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X