The long road to Diana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long road to Diana

Hey guys, Just wanted to share the story of my festiva! I got her about 5 years ago with 45,000 miles. I was 11 at the time and I didn't know much about cars then. One day my brother came home with a strange little car. A ford festiva! I didn't think much of it other than it was neat little car. I remember it having many problems at first, but gradually my dad and brother got the car in tip top shape. However soon it became my brothers daily driver. Unfortunately, he has a bad rep with cars and so soon it was no longer working. The problem was an electrical issue that sprung up from a bad stereo install. My brother tried to fix the car to no avail, and soon it was reduced to a paper weight sitting in our backyard for the next 4 years. However, soon it was time to get my license and I started to notice to little car more and more each day. Soon I became obsessed with trying to get it working again. I looked all over the internet and had long talks with my dad about trying to get it running again. Eventually we decided to send it to a shop to get it running. Sure enough we got it back but the difficulties didn't stop there. I had to reassemble the interior which had been gutted by the shop we sent it to. It also needed general maintenance but pretty soon it was back to its former glory. However, the paint was still an issue so I began prep work and had a friend help me paint the car. After the paint I started daily driving Diana. But then disaster struck once more and my transmission failed on the way home from a soccer game. Me and my dad tore the car apart and rebuilt the transmission and one last time reassembled Diana. The rest is history! I am 16 now and I have been daily driving Diana for almost a year now and its been a blast! I have many plans for the future including suspension and motor swap, but for now I like her how she is. I really love this car, it's history, and it's community! Thanks for reading guys and here's a few pictures!
    Before

After

Very nice! What color is that?
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Great story and impressive initiative.Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looks good, and illinois member with no rust!
        You should definitely come to lakestiva this may!

Comment

The paint looks great! Did you paint it at home, or did you have access to a shop?
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Great story and a really nice job on the painting. Hope you have fun with Diana for many years to come.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

nice paint choice

Comment

I saw this car first hand it's very nice!

Comment

He says he's from the United States but maybe closer to Chicago, still a great looking car.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Very nice color! I wish I had a Festiva at 16!
                    Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                    Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
                    '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
                    '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
                    '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Great job! I love the color you chose.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                      X