Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 93 from AZ to be designed and fabbed into a concept car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 93 from AZ to be designed and fabbed into a concept car.

I received a text a couple days ago from a fellow looking for a Solid running Festiva for a project.Figuring he was looking for something in the 2-500 range i responded but pretty much blew him off.Waking up far to early the next morning as i always do i was pondering if he would like a rust free car that needed some bump and paint.I sent him a couple pics.He asked for a price.I told him i valued it at 2g complete.His counter was 1200 without lights, interior ,all glass,doors hood,hatch,fenders,bumpers,wheels and tires.
    Seemed odd but i said we could talk.I let him know i had removed and sold the Aspire brake swap and it was up on blocks ready to go back to stock. We got together and agreed to the deal yesterday with a non-refundable deposit.As it turns out he is a product designer and is designing a concept car from a Festiva.He will be paying a crew to do the fabrications and wants me to pull and keep the body and interior parts to save him labor.I am hoping i get to follow and see this when it is done.
    I purchased this 5 years ago as a rolling, gutted shell.I had a real problem with the motor racing after i installed it which led me to this sight for info.Still couldn't get anywhere with it. 3 friend mechanics and year and a half later i decided to swap the engine wiring harness and that finally fixed that problem.I drove it back and forth to town a few times but didn't ever get it on the road as a daily driver as i usually have 2-3 other Festies to drive.The main tipping point for letting it go beyond the bodywork and paint needed was the color white which is my least favorite.I am hoping to find a nice rust free aqua one someday.

There is an aqua in the Arizona post. Phone Doctor Bob quick.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-16-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

That one looks light blue I want the color that is more toward green.Maybe i dont know all my colors lol.
      Last edited by jfd64; 02-16-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
        That one looks light blue I want the color that is more toward green.Maybe i dont know all my colors lol.
        I think the one in the Arizona ad is "Surf Blue". Mine is ""Aqua"...

Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I have the car almost all stripped and ready to go.His deposit is non-refundable so if he bails he has paid me to disassembling for painting it the color i want.

Comment

That the one i want,My favorite color for the old classics.Corvettes .57 Chevy,and of course the classic Festiva.

Comment

All the AZ cars on CL are completely full of spare Festy parts. I mean packed full. There were only 2 cars I would consider to buy the Pedro twin, and a white LX. The rest were too much work for me.

Comment

That the one i want,My favorite color for the old classics.Corvettes .57 Chevy,and of course the classic Festiva.
                Have to agree with you there! Aqua is my dream color for a Festiva.
                1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

There was an aqua for sale one within an hour of me that was for sale for months that i wanted but couldn't justify buying at this time.He started at 1600 came down to 1350 but it needed struts,clutch,and he claimed had a vacuum leak.I had to assume the motor might be shot.To much for me to pay just cause i wanted it.
                  Last edited by jfd64; 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Before and after picks.Didnt have enough time to pull the windshield.His guys are going to peel off the rockers and quarter panels and save them for me.

Comment

Holy crap what is he building? You should make him keep you or us up to date on whatever it is.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Agreed.It is going to be about 20 miles away .He said he would update me.I asked him if it was to secret or if I was free to share progress here lol

Comment

What an odd request. Wonder what he's up to!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19231[/ATTACH]Before and after picks.Didnt have enough time to pull the windshield.His guys are going to peel off the rockers and quarter panels and save them for me.
                            I like the bucket seat!

Comment

Working...
                            X