Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrographic/Dipped Coming Soon

Hello all,

I have a buddy whos getting into hydrographic. Hes going to dip a few of my items. So Ill post more pics of his work on here for yall to see. If anyone is interested in items being dipped let me know. Thanks

Heres my new valve cover

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

That looks nice, is there different colors and is it reasonable.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Yes he has different films/ graphics. Ill try and have him sample small festiva items so I can post. Price wise, hes just starting so hes not looking to make a killing. Hes in the process of dipping a spare b3 valve cover i have with a different design.

Comment

Where did you get your film from I just did some small block chevy valve covers with film from dip wizard but I like the pattern of that better. .
        I tried to add a picture but my photo bucket is acting up.

Comment

Hey William,
          Im not sure where hes getting his film from but ill ask him.

Comment

How well does that process hold up with engine heat?
            Last edited by TominMO; 03-16-2016, 08:08 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The valve cover was painted with engine paint, but im still going to test it. Ill run it in my car for a week and update yall.

Comment

Man, this could bleed over to making anything killer....

Nerd case mods included.....

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

Comment

Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
                  The valve cover was painted with engine paint, but im still going to test it. Ill run it in my car for a week and update yall.
                  Oh, I thought it was some kind of wrap or something. If it's a process that uses engine paint, then it should be fine.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

There is a film process. So essentially the item was painted a base color, the film was applied on top of the base coat, and clear coated over.

Comment

There is a film process. So essentially the item was painted a base color, the film was applied on top of the base coat, and clear coated over.
                      Ah, gotcha, thanx.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Heres a B3 valve cover, he went crazy on this one

Comment

Tested my b8 valve cover 250 miles in no cracks or issues with the film.

Excuse my dirty engine bay lol

Comment

Heres a B3 valve cover, he went crazy on this one

That's pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah the film and clear will hold up on anything that regular paint will withstand heat wise. The vc doesn't get very hot so you'll be fine.
                              That black and wHite sticker bomb looks good I've seen the color one but not black and white.

Comment

Working...
                              X