Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

I have an oil leak and I'm not sure where it's coming from, I do know that the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced and I've gotten the valve cover gasket as well, but it looks like it's coming from below the valve cover.o What is known to cause problems in that area?

Front, back, right, left, closer to the valve cover or oil pan? Pictures? Have you ever washed it to see where it starts? Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Below the valve cover gasket could be a deteriorated camshaft seal or distributor o-ring.
      "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
      “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

It's below the valve cover gasket. Looks towards the center, like right below the carbuertor

Comment

Oil pressure sending unit. I've seen a few leak. That sounds like the location your describing.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

0319161544a_HDR.jpg
            Actually it looks more to the right right where that other part is underneath the distributor, I'm not sure what that part is

Comment

Can the fuel pump be the cause of the problem, I can wiggle the fuel pump. I can't really see under it I've felt oil there, and it doesn't seem to be the valve cover gasket.

Comment

Can you please tell us more about your Festiva: Year; 4 speed, 5 speed Auto; L, LX, LPlus, GL;
                It helps if you add that information to your signature so everyone sees it in every post you add.
                Since you mentioned that it has a manual fuels pump, I assume it is an 88 or 89 manual trans.
                Also how many miles on the engine?
                Last edited by 1990new; 03-19-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

89 L 4 speed, 249k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffs89festiva View Post
                    Can the fuel pump be the cause of the problem, I can wiggle the fuel pump. I can't really see under it I've felt oil there, and it doesn't seem to be the valve cover gasket.
                    If you can wiggle the fuel pump then I would say that is the problem.

As far as I'm concerned, EVERYONE needs one of these for their vehicle(s)

Last edited by lessersivad; 03-20-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

The screws that were holding pump on the block were not the same size, got new ones at Lowe's and tightened it up and so far no leaks

Comment

Cool. Good to hear you discovered the problem and got it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X