No announcement yet.

GTX B6T Motor ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just look for a miata short block 92-93, or capri. It'll have the pump and the big nose crank. It's possible that your capri engine already is big nose.
    The short 22mm crank can be used reliably if torqued properly with a new bolt each time. Tweak has a shirt nosed crank and has never given me trouble. Building a custom engine with a short nose crank is not a good plan though, because your leaving a known problem area in your engine. A good short nosed crank is actually worth more money to a person with a broken short nosed who just wants to get the car running again, because they are rare.
    Clay is right, finding a long nosed 22mm crank will be harder than finding a good used 27mm and pump.

Also, I wouldn't build a high performance b6t with the gtx rods. The gtx engine was built to only rev to 6200rpm. The heavier rods will cause high rpm harmonic issues. When mazda increased the Rev limiter on the b6ze engine, they lightened the rods. This isn't because mazda wanted to save money on less steel being squished into the rods, they had good reason to lighten them.
    Harmonic issues will destroy these engines almost as fast as heat backing up into the combustion chambers and burning the piston crowns. These are the 2 most destructive forces in the b6t, and also in its bigger brother.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

So now im all kinds of confused!

Lets try it this way-

What is a good way to hit around the 300whp (250 is most likely the real target) levels on a b6t?
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Remember Mazda designed the b6t to compete in World Rally where strength and durability over a wide rpm range...mostly in the mid ranges was needed to keep the cars out of the pits. Off topic but Also why the big Works teams and better privateers yanked the weaker awd trannies and put in X-Trac dog boxes...durability. Charlie is correct. Follow his lead.
        Last edited by azgtx; 04-01-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

A b6t will support 250hp stock with a good tune and a better turbo/exhaust manifold.
          You'll want to use a different intake manifold for more than 220hp, since the stock B6t manifold is not designed for high rpm. The stock B6t TQ peak is around 5500rpm, which is due to it's cam profiles, intake manifold and turbine size. If you use a modified miata intake manifold, some higher duration cams and a better flowing turbo/exhaust manifold than 250 is pretty easy to hit with a good tune. Research this on Turbomiata.net, since that's where most of the b6 turbo dyno numbers can be found. Keep in mind you'll see another 10-15ft.lbs of TQ and close to the same hp advantage with a FWD setup. Also keep in mind that most of the b6 turbo setups on that site are 9:1 comp miata engines. The B6t is 7.8:1 compression and can handle more boost.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I might just have to get the car going and just bring it to you Advancedynamix haha. Im no tuner! I really want to build it for bigger power and then have it set to a safer lower limit and just drive it. If thats possible.
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

He will get the flow with the JDM/EDM intake manifold I would think... and the right turbo of course.
              Edit...I see you are using a Rocketchip?? That will not get you to the new targeted HP numbers.
              Last edited by azgtx; 04-01-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                He will get the flow with the JDM/EDM intake manifold I would think... and the right turbo of course.
                Edit...I see you are using a Rocketchip?? That will not get you to the new targeted HP numbers.
                I understand that! As of now i am building the car with a stock B6T with the rocketchip ecu. I will add a water meth kit because i will not have an intercooler setup just yet (i plan to run both in time). Once the car in running good with the Stockish B6T i will then learn to drive it!!! Later this year i will then go to a real turbo (gt2554r, 2560, or whatever else i pick out). At that time i can redo the exhaust header, intake if needed and go to a megasquirt system.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

my earlier post was a mindflub. i don't know why but i was thinking of B3. here's a crank on the 2nd page of an ebay search. there might be even more. how much can you spend? brand new from mazda might still be available (about $1000). other outlets might be FS forums on miata enthusiast sites. was there a kia 1.6 DOHC that might have the same shaft? that might be another new or JY source. Green Sales still has a new 93/94 capri crank. not sure of the difference to the 92/mid 91. F3JY6303A

Last edited by F3BZ; 04-01-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    I thought it was the opposite?
                    Bryan, my apologies, you are correct... square pattern is the 27mm and 22mm is rect. Both have 8 slot pulley's but the 27mm slots are elongated.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                      Bryan, my apologies, you are correct... square pattern is the 27mm and 22mm is rect. Both have 8 slot pulley's but the 27mm slots are elongated.
                      You're getting names backwards. I'm Bryan. Bhazard is brad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think more boost is relative to fuel used though. Where some engine builders prefer to start with compression and then add boost. The sky is the limit with e85 and water meth injection.

Comment

At least that's what Matt dickmeyer always touted. He said screw those charts about cylinder pressure relative to compression and boost

Comment

looks like the b6t i have in the garage is the 27 or long nose! So im good there. Now its just buy eurotiva or finish mine.
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              looks like the b6t i have in the garage is the 27 or long nose! So im good there. Now its just buy eurotiva or finish mine.
                              It's one or the other. How do you know but not know

Comment

It's the good one! Long big 27 22 35 48 whatever. As per The link that was posted I have the good version. So I OK there.

I have the 8 slots in the pulley face plus the bolt with the large flanged head on it. It's clearly the new bolt version.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X