No announcement yet.

Bought a B6T Turnkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold the car for 3k and like Charlie says looks like another 1k for paint. this is for a pretty quick rust free car with 200 hp or so. it runs in the high9s in the 1/8 mile with street tires. id lot rather have this car than a faster rusted out pos that will be scrapped one day.

the e series with the spec stage 2 clutch has really taken some abuse & its still doing ok. all you have to do when you want to step up to a gseries is to send it to shadetree and hes 100percent honest. or just drive it like it is and have fun with it. there is some guys on here that have over 2k just in a paint job and it shows. there is something fun also with a rough looking festiva that's super fast but for me ill go with the supernice paint & killer looks.

jerrys car has it all(except paint) so far but gonna be wicked fast and clean also you mentioned euro it is the best of both but for sure that car would b lots more$$ just like mikes car both fast and super clean. just enjoy it for what it is a beautiful car that fools lots of people
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      Miata wheels, so it must be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      panasport copy wheels 114.3 so must be stock brakes. I would send to shadetree for aspire swap especially if autocrossed & not worry about the tranny.
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I just want a good looking fastish festiva that i can enjoy daily. This car fits the bill for me. Its within my price range. Its done. Ill put my rims and tires and suspension on it tho. Ill keep the tires on it but trade the rims for some 4x100 that will fit my brake swap.

i should have the car late late tonight. Ill have it titled tomorrow and drive it. Pictures to come.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I'm not sure if you'll be able to fit those tires under the car with the coilovers, since they lower the car a couple inches. I hope you can because nt01 tires are awesome. Watch out around corners though with those nt01 tires on front and regular street tires out back. The car is going to be extremely tail happy.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 03:26 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Also, you'll want to set that blow off up as a recirculating system and not open air like that. Trust me.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I have thought about the blow off going back into the system for faster spool times but i think its going to be enough as is.

What would be the other benefit to recirculating?
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I will find out! If needed im not afraid to go to some bolt on fenders. Would just have to work around that side exhaust.

or maybe just raise the car with in the front enough to run them then drop it back down for daily.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

That was my thing ! The false info !
                  But all in all it's worth what you wanna pay so be it !
                  The side exhaust looks awesome I think . If you move the exhaust back to normal I would leave that pipe there .
                  Just make a dummy set up and save the fresh painted fender .
                  New build on the way .

Comment

Why's the e to g upgrade so difficult.

Comment

Bigger tranny, mounts are different positions and the axles are different and there is the i/m shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                        Bigger tranny, mounts are different positions and the axles are different and there is the i/m shaft.
                        I have all that already in the garage on the floor. Not only that but i have shadetree's b6t mounts for a g series ready.
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          I have thought about the blow off going back into the system for faster spool times but i think its going to be enough as is.

What would be the other benefit to recirculating?
                          It is a long explanation if you want the science of how a turbo system actually works. A proper valve should be open whenever the intake manifold is under vacuum. This means (more than your blowing off) your drawing air through that valve. Since you have a VAF monitored L jetronic based fuel injection system, you need all incoming air to be measured by your VAF meter. If the air is blown off or drawn through an unmetered orifice (your bov) then you are causing a lean or rich condition.
                          There are many many more benefits to a properly designed diverter setup, but I don't have time to explain it again. Blow off valves are archaic and should be thrown in the garbage. Proper systems divert.
                          Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          Why's the e to g upgrade so difficult.

The g series trans requires the engine be moved about 2" further forward to clear the steering rack. Also the drivers side frame rail needs to be pounded to clear the tranny if you don't want your engine to be all crooked. This all takes a lot of work. The engine being further forward means that nothing in front fits anymore. You'll need to move the radiator forward, and get creative with a fan and other things that all try to go in the same spot. It's much more involved than an E series car.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                            How did it drive?!
                            The day I drove it we were on back roads, but in abnormally heavy traffic so as not to have much "open road". But to sit behind that familiar dash( I bought mine new) and be pinned to the seat under acceleration was mind blowing. I was a teen in the 60's and have ridden in/driven all sorts of muscle cars, strong running cars are no novelty, but that cars was as quick as any I had experience with. Jumped from 3k to 6 k before you could reach for the shifter.
                            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                            "Wenona"-89L parts car
                            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

This is like waiting at the doctors office !! Mike , where are the pictures ? Mike , wake up Mike !!!
                              New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                                Piece of cake

Comment

Working...
                                X