No announcement yet.

Bought a B6T Turnkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End goal being to stop boost creep or just limit it to a lower amount. Im not trying to blow it up in one week but want to try and keep the fender exit exhaust!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• I wonder. Is porting the waste gate an option with this turbo?
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
        I have a new idea on the exhaust! I want to get some 2" exhaust pipe from my local auto store. Also get the adapters to neck down from the current 3" to the 2" (all on the inside on the 3" pipe). I will weld them all up to make sure they cant come apart. I could drill several holes in the 2" pipe. Make the pipe around 8" long+ the length to adapt to the 3" id. I could slide the new 2" pipe with adapters on it down the 3" pipe and weld it in.

I would tack all the parts together and just slide them in 1st to check the sound and make sure it is good.

Would just making the exhaust neck down to 2" do anything as far as boost creep tho? If the down pipe (current modified one) is so open would modification to the end of the exhaust really help it any.
        Making a glass pack styled muffler with slip fit connectors? Brilliant. Be interesting to hear with and without a filling material around your 2 inch piece with holes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yep that's kinda the idea. I have a go pro now so I could do a few runs and check it out. Put up the videos later on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
            I wonder. Is porting the waste gate an option with this turbo?
            Yes i can and will be doing this! I however have to work on the wifes car before i DIE!!! So taking the turbo out and porting will come shortly but not quite yet. SPending the hour to tinker with an exhaust mod is cool tho.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
              I have a new idea on the exhaust! I want to get some 2" exhaust pipe from my local auto store. Also get the adapters to neck down from the current 3" to the 2" (all on the inside on the 3" pipe). I will weld them all up to make sure they cant come apart. I could drill several holes in the 2" pipe. Make the pipe around 8" long+ the length to adapt to the 3" id. I could slide the new 2" pipe with adapters on it down the 3" pipe and weld it in.

I would tack all the parts together and just slide them in 1st to check the sound and make sure it is good.

Would just making the exhaust neck down to 2" do anything as far as boost creep tho? If the down pipe (current modified one) is so open would modification to the end of the exhaust really help it any.
              Probably not. The factory downpipe is close to 1.75" i.d. and these engines boost creep if you run the stock downpipe to a 2.5" exhaust with muffler. Your short section of 2" pipe won't be enough. You may want to make a baffled insert like sketch drew up.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-21-2016, 03:03 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                I feel like the b6t is the only engine that nobody has innovated. I guess the bp is to blame for that.

There has been a lot of development on this engine, but it was all done pre Internet, so you don't see it like you do the BP, which has taken the limelight here in the U.S.
                In other countries, the b6 was used more regularly for radical builds, but then again, mostly pre 2000.
                The DOHC b6 engine was designed as a turbocharged racing engine. This is apparent by its integrated block vent (capped off for U.S. import vehicles) and the fact that it only came in Mazda homologated rally cars for the first 4 years of production, and only came turbocharged. The b6t was designed to be a race engine from the start. It wasn't until the Miata and the Capri came along when it was used in higher production number cars, and sold without a turbo. The b6t is a great package in stock trim. It is VERY user friendly in a light car like the Festiva. It's, in fact, so user friendly that it feels slow and therfore makes most people (myself included) lust for more. It's best to keep in mind that feeling faster may not be going faster here though. This engine combination is so well balanced and suited to this car that it's easier to make the car slower than it is faster. My advice to someone who has a b6t swapped festiva; learn to drive it before trying to make it faster. There are more situations where drivability is important than there are where all out, full throttle, HP is. It's also a lot more rewarding to drive the car than have it sit in the garage all torn apart. Just my .02 having played this game before.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I always wanted to weld together a muffler based on a pistol or rifle silencer - discs with an exhaust pipe sized hole in the center spaced apart far enough so the exhaust pulses have to expand and collapse back into the center in each successive chamber. That would cause ( I think...) the gasses to even out into a steady stream that would have less resistance to flow than high and low pressure waves running through the tubes.

After the header (where the tubes are calc'd to produce a scavenging affect) and after the cat (if any) it would only clean up the flow, and might even make it "STEALTHY". But the whole idea was born in my mind as a way to replicate an open racing exhaust, without limiting flow - and yet use the chambers to damp out pulses or pressure waves - thereby making it a straight flow with no restrictions at all yet eliminating most of the noise

"NOISE" coming out of a straight exhaust is caused by 'Blast Waves' of high and low pressure. This, I think, would even that out. Sort of like a sponge - and the center flow area would be the same as a section of exhaust pipe the same diameter.

Heck, it works for UZI and MP5 SMG's....
                  Last edited by Greywolf; 04-21-2016, 07:42 PM.
                  Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Got all my rims on her!

I have it going in today for an alignment! My front suspension is complete minus the rio steering rack! The rear will be put on tomorrow. I have the Micro Tech ecu being shipped to me now. Will pick up a cheap laptop and timing light and get it remote tuned. Will be doing some light exhaust work this weekend as well. Gonna try to get the boost creep down a bit. Will be porting the waste gate in a week or two. I hope to be able to get it tuned in 2-3 weeks. Slow but steady progress.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• The wheels I have are pretty similar to those. Your car sure is clean though. Mine has a little door rust, and rear wheel well rust, but at least the whole bottom is super clean.

Comment

• Beautiful car!
                        1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                        1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                        2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• I have wheel envy. Those RPF1s are $$!
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Yes they were! So worth it tho... Just over 8lbs each. The problem is that the B6T spins them up way to fast now. Once i get some Toyo R888 meat on them it will be much better.

Thank you tho!
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Looks awesome Mike!

Comment

• love those wheels!!
                                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                                X