Bought a B6T Turnkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    In my opinion, you should put a full exhaust on this car and leave it alone. Build your other car. Here are some reasons why.
    1: For serious performance, you need to move your engine forward and run a G series gear box. This will solve your traction problem at the HP levels you want and give you a solid transmission that you can drive without fear of breaking it.
    2: You've got a nice car that runs and drives. This tuning and learning game usually ends up with a car on blocks in the back yard or cluttering up the garage. Enjoy what you have. If you want more, start fresh.
    3: 2 turbo festivas, built 2 ways will give you a great comparison to compare the benefits of both setups. You may find that you don't like the extreme build as much as you like the easy to drive stock b6t.
    Im taking this car back to a stockish exhaust. I picked up the ecu because i made trades and came out ahead! Other wise im not messing with this car aside from getting the water meth to work like it should. Im looking for build ideas on the other car i have. My capri swap will go in the 2nd car. I am looking for general ideas on how to do that build.

I would like to somehow keep the fender exit exhaust on the red car! Just need a way to limit the exhaust that would actually work!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• External wastegate.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I wonder if there is an external wastegate kit for the vj14?
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Weld the stock gate shut, Cut hole and weld an external gate mount flange to stock mani?

Seems like a new mani would be a better idea!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Yup, you got money. I would just skip right on past doing anything to the VJ-turd and get your nice GT turbo on a nice manifold with a nice wastegate, which you probably won't need nice the GT will have a much better internal gate than the VJ probably.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• You can have a flange welded to the stock manifold. That will allow you to cut out the cracked part of the manifold (trust me, it's cracked). You don't need to weld the stock gate shut. Just leave it all intact. You can even leave it functional.
              You'll have to relocate the O2 sensor to post turbo, which is a good idea anyway because they can and do come apart and destroy the turbo.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-27-2016, 04:29 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Friday night on the way home i really hit some overboost way to hard. I could tell the car hated it. Saturday when i started it you could hear the turbo was gone but on its last leg. So what did i do i went for a ride until i had to get the truck and trailer. The turbo held together longer then i thought it would. Finally it let go in town but only after its hardest pull yet!

Got the replacement turbo on Sunday along with the stock down pipe. Boost creep is now much better. I didnt port the wastegate tho went to look into buying house #2 so that cut into my day quite a bit.

The car is back to running and now in my wifes hands. So maybe it will last a few days now!
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Im getting a decent turbo finally! Ill be going for about 250hp out of a gt25 gt28 hybrid turbo.

SHould i upgrade my injectors? To what is the question?
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• How would you control bigger injectors

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      How would you control bigger injectors

i have a fully programable ecu sitting waiting. it came out of a big turbo b6t built.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                        i have a fully programable ecu sitting waiting. it came out of a big turbo b6t built.
                        By all means then. What size are you looking at?

Comment

• 250hp to maybe around 300

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

250hp to maybe around 300

So like 400-500cc injectors.

Comment

• Yeah that! What's a decent but not junk injector? Or is there any plug n play from another car?

1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah that! What's a decent but not junk injector? Or is there any plug n play from another car?

I'm looking at 700cc injectors though. Do I can run ethanol. I know people run rx7 injectors, those are like 470 or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X