Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    https://vimeo.com/163257487
    It made 1 more psi after this pull for 374 hp. Power to weight.
    How high were your revs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Festiva is a supercar

To the moon Alice. 7500 rpms
      Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-18-2016, 10:23 AM.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

https://vimeo.com/163257487
        It made 1 more psi after this pull for 374 hp. Power to weight.
        Quite a bit different from when I met you for the first time in the West Shore Mall parking lot in Tampa.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
          Anyone who doesn't understand "Power to Weight Ratio" shouldn't race to begin with.

I was just looking around at GVWR/GAWF/GAWR specs, and a 1991 Mustang GT LX is rated 3160lbs, as opposed to 2650 for the 1991 Festiva I just got. That's a mere 510 pounds, but it's enough when a different engine/tranny package is installed. A 302 equipped Mustang can weigh in at 4840 (stock).

With Festiva's a V8 engine isn't an option - nor is a V6 really. But either one would add a huge amount MORE weight to the car than the 16V Turbo swaps that are common to Festies. When a Mustang goes from a four cylinder to a V8, the weight of the engine about doubles, so they lose a bit in the upgrade no matter how much power they make.

* There's a lot of numbers out there, the 2014 - 2015 Mustangs are rated around 3650 curb weight, plus or minus some change.
          Also gross weight is deceiving because a festiva has anot incredibly high load rating for it's weight. If you put one on the scales they sit around 1800lbs with fuel. That puts them about 1000 lbs lighter than most modern sports cars.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You have to figure the load on the dyno is different than the street. It's trying to pull itself forward on the dyno. On the street the car is rolling behind it so the flex is less. I'm sure on the street it pulls the tires forward but probably not as bad as you see in the vid. Slicks no traction loss.
            This is very true. Also, the flex is absorbing shock loads which would disrupt traction. If it's not pulling side to side from toe out as the wheels move forward then there's nothing to worry about. The Festiva front suspension is a genius design. The fact that you can hook up 6 times the factory HP with a basically stock chassis is phenomenal. Try putting 6 times the power (about 1350hp)down with your Fox body on slicks and tell us how that goes. Lol. They get twisty.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What!!! There's no mention of the Festiva in this Petrolicous article!!!
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

It seems they shall have to be educated. :tm:

One of my dreams is to show up at an event sponsored by "ROADKILL" (see sig) and mop the track with their cars....
                Last edited by Greywolf; 04-21-2016, 07:47 PM.
                Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                X