Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how much do you pay for your festiva insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how much do you pay for your festiva insurance?

I think I may be paying to much. I pay $700 every 6 months or $1400 a year. That seems excessive I have AAA. Its a back and forth to work car. What about you folks? Maybe I can get some leads to better prices. I just have basic PLPD.

I pay $317 to GEICO every six months for my Festiva and Aspire. But I'm 65, and also get a discount for only driving one car at a time.....
    Last edited by TominMO; 05-22-2016, 05:47 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have Geico and pay less than $600 a year for PIP & Liability with Comprehensive coverage but I told them that it was for Recreational use only and I would only be driving it about 2000 miles a year.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

State Farm, $221 every six months. I told them maybe 4-5k a year for mileage
        In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
        God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
        This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

So how much do you pay for your festiva insurance?

$700 CAD/yr for pleasure use only, 1 million of liability, no collision coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 05-22-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Like 90 a month basic insurance. But I'm male under 25 so it's probably high.

Comment

I was paying $50 a month as the only driver on 4 Aspires

Comment

Progressive. 28 years old in 1 month. 1 speeding ticket. No accidents reported.

Bare minimum on 1 Festiva - $44/month.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Liability with glass $33/month with USAA. 41 years old, married 3 cars on insurance.

Comment

Progressive, 25yo.

For the Festiva and Monte Carlo I pay $1080 a year. At minimum legal coverage. Friggin' atrocious. These insurance companies are crooks!

Going to call and get a better rate in a couple months, or else I am switching to a cheaper insurance that will insure me for $780 a year.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Dang, I'm paying more than everyone so far. I'm an old fart with no tickets too, 54. I have been with AAA since 1981, guess its way past time to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Louieisawsome View Post
                        Like 90 a month basic insurance. But I'm male under 25 so it's probably high.
                        Trust me, the age 25 thing doesn't apply anymore.

As soon as I hit 25 and my policy came up for renewal, nothing went down.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          Trust me, the age 25 thing doesn't apply anymore.

As soon as I hit 25 and my policy came up for renewal, nothing went down.
                          Yep. I was with another company, and they said it doesn't matter. Switched, and boom, much lower rate. I think now the thing is they don't give you anything for anything unless you haggle or they are trying to get your business. They just no longer give a crap.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

My original post is wrong. I am paying $700 for the year not 6 months. I'm paying $70 a month for 10 months. Still way to high for no tickets and being a old fart.

Comment

Without the Comprehensive mine came up to about $38 a month but it isn't my daily driver.
                              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                              sigpic
                              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X