E85 in a 91 stock everything Chrysler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 in a 91 stock everything Chrysler

Yep. I did it. Runs almost like it did before. I can't adjust the timing, and stock injector seems to be enough to putt around the property. It's a tool box on wheels. I get 40 miles to the TANK. Reason Im experimenting with E85.

Clerk ran out and told me to stop. I told him to stop and mind his own business.

It clips down the road in over drive like a champ. I do notice some doggy taking off from a standstill, which I assuming is a from it being a bit lean (maybe?) and ignition not quite advanced enough.

I'm really curious if this talk of how older vehicles can't run without kits, and if it'll attack anything, and if it'll ruin engines, and blah blah blah.

I should change my oil. It's been 8 years. I add a qt every 6 months.

Opinions? I don't care it ruins anything. I have spares of everything. I hear all this talk of it attacking rubber hoses and such. I'll find out.

Cheers!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

:-)
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Go for it bro!!! It's a Chrysler, so who cares lol
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

While it may run pretty much the same I'm going to guess and say the fuel mileage will probably go down.

BTU wise you get more 'bang for the buck' with straight gasoline.

Comment

In for melted stuff from it running ridiculously lean.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

At 40 miles per tank, methinks it's running a bit on the rich side to begin with.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Apartment complex. ALOT of short trips. I do 40 miles every 2 months or so. Every key on its lucky to get up to operating temperature a few times a week.

I do believe it's all in the government, and the software....

Last edited by jason_; 05-23-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

e85 requires roughly a 30% increase in fuel to achieve correct air fuel ratios.
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I need a ecm from Mexico or Brazil.

Next tank if I can find E100 I'll give that a shot too.

Comment

:violent2:
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

You can run e85 but you need more fuel to get an efficient burn. The reason racing guys use e85 is to cool the Pistons by running more fuel. If I can put in way more cool fuel it's helping keep cylinder temps down. Which we know heat can cause a lot more issues like ping. 1 ping at the wrong time is when it goes bang. So if u aren't even revving the car it won't ever be able to use the e85 but you don't have the bigger injectors or pump or lines to run it. The only reason they change the lines is because they need to be bigger to move more fuel. Basically u aren't doing anything but using diff gas. Pour some alcohol in it lets really spice it up.
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

If it does the same but cheaper, then I still gained something. Next up is to buy it without road taxes.

Comment

It's does not do the same. It has less bang. It has 30% less btu's than regular gasoline.
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

It is what it is. I will be running my car on e85 but I will using bigger lines and bigger injectors and pump with a tunable Ecu. You only have 70% the go you used to have.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X