No announcement yet.

Stock 5spd vs G-series help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may suck i may love it. i went with kupp stage 3 6 puk for the capri xr2. its the 8.8" disksays good for over 300 so i should be more then fine.

1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I spent $500 on my spec stage 3.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I went with this just to try it out. It will hold for a bit at least. If i can get the car to last a couple months id be happy. At this point i want a weekend free of grease and busted knuckles. That would be worth a ton to me right now!!!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Don't beat on it then.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

It's best to use the G series to mock up the fitment of your new turbo components. You'll have to move the engine forward almost 2" to fit the g series in the car. If you make all your tubing and stuff to fit with the e series, you'll have to redo a lot of things when you eventually go G (which you will).
            Your going to need to clearance the drivers side frame horn about 3/8" for clearance to get the g-series to fit correctly (or else you won't be able to run the camber your going to want without axle bind issues).
            The big turbo on the stock manifold with an adapter plate is going to be tight with the 3 row. You'll have to move the radiator way under the upper rad support. This is all the stuff I was warning you about when you started talking big turbo on this car. Things get pretty involved. Nothing is an easy fit.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-17-2016, 01:14 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well i have a pit crew to help me this weekend! I have your mounts to go to the g series. I still dont have the new exhaust exit so i still can redo that. I might not get that in time anyway!!!!!

The rest of the stuff i can handle. I have this weekend and all next week. Plus i took Friday off. Then i have all Saturday.

So basically im going to try my best and if i cant make the next race ill just go watch it. I have to try tho
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I will mount the trans to get all my stuff in line then do the exhaust.

I still dont know what i have to do to the shift linkage to make it work! Any ideas on how to easily mod the stock shift stuff? Any good pictures on what i need to clearence on the frame?
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You can use the festiva linkage, but 1 rod will need to be lengthened and 1 shortened. You'll have to rotate the universal joint 90 degrees as well.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I made a deal with shadetree. he gets my clutch and i get all the linkage and rods.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X