Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    Anything that leads to wheelspin will kill a diff in a G series trans
    You may be able to dump it a few times. But the none of the Mazda transmissions will take the abuse for very long.

Puck clutches are crap. Stick to a full face disk
    I already have the 6 puck clutch. I have never had a 6 puck. So i bought this one mostly just to try it out. That and it wasn't to much. It wasn't a top name brand one. I got it off ebay.

Im gonna have the Launch control set low enough that i dont have to really worry about it messing stuff up but high enough that it kinda works. I love it on my bike! Makes stop lights so fun...
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I still dont plan to just clutch dump and go tho. I never do that. I would much rather slip the clutch and replace it faster then normal over snap something or many things.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It's hard to finesse a puck clutch. It's kind of an on/off switch.
        Being a bike guy, you can appreciate the benefit of a slipper clutch. Think of a puck clutch as the "Anti-Slipperclutch". If it's unsprung, you should start looking for another tranny now so you don't miss Madness after you break things (not necessarily from launching, just from the destructive forces of driveline chatter.) The clutch protects the entire driveline from damage. It's not something you should pinch pennies on.
        Some people have had good luck for years with the cheap ebay sprung 6 puck clutch, some have not. If I run a 6 puck disk, it's an ACT. They usually get it right the first time.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-13-2016, 11:48 AM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well wish me luck then!!!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What can the G-Series TAKE/Launch at?

If you are on slicks with enough sidewall you shouldn't have to worry about wheel hop, wheel hop is what breaks the transmission.
            With that being said I hold the gas to the floor for 10 seconds before letting off the clutch. This allows the car to build boost on the line. If you watch my videos you can see me push the gas down all the way usually a bit of smoke comes out turbo life
            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 07-13-2016, 12:34 PM.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
              If you are on slicks with enough sidewall you shouldn't have to worry about wheel hop, wheel hop is what breaks the transmission.
              With that being said I hold the gas to the floor for 10 seconds before letting off the clutch. This allows the car to build boost on the line. If you watch my videos you can see me push the gas down all the way usually a bit of smoke comes out turbo life
              Ill have to check them out! Sounds like fun!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah, wrinkle walls absorb a lot of the nasty harmonics and driveline chatter as well. That's a good way to tell what is actually breaking the tranny. So many poeple point the finger at power and TQ. If that was the case then wrinkle wall tires would make matters worse. Often times though (especially with high HP inline 4 cylinder cars) wrinkle walls save the tranny. Wheel hop is definitely another really destructive factor and typically what ruins differentials.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-13-2016, 01:06 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I know about wheel hop! Wheel hop is a big issue in my buggy. I have spent a good bit of money to help stop wheel hop in it. At the end of the day i have to let it hop some to get over the really big stuff. So far the buggy has been good tho. My jeeps on the other hand...
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Are they on here or just on youtube? Whats your name on there?
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What can the G-Series TAKE/Launch at?

Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 07-13-2016, 05:35 PM.
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

If I ever get into drag racing I'm just going to use nitrous to spool the turbo. A 30 shot should do wonders at low rpm for increasing exhaust gas volume

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I launch mine off my limiter at 7000rpm, 6puck spec! Just preload!

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                            I launch mine off my limiter at 7000rpm, 6puck spec! Just preload!
                            Can you give me details on how you Pre-Load? I see that lots of people do it many different ways. I would like to hear from others that are on my same setup tho. So your input is greatly appreciated.
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              Can you give me details on how you Pre-Load? I see that lots of people do it many different ways. I would like to hear from others that are on my same setup tho. So your input is greatly appreciated.
                              Pretty much just ride your clutch on the line while holding the ebrake and then let the ebrake go and launch it!

Comment

Good way to fry a clutch imo
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X