5 door festiva? Kia pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I can verify that 5 door KIA prides were either sold in Mexico or were imported from another country fairly regularly. I've seen 3 of them in Mexico. I've seen 5 door Prides in Belize and Guatemala as well. Getting cars into the U.S. from Mexico isn't impossible, as lots of people do it here in AZ every day.
    I was looking online for ones in Mexico with no luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Did you get the Mazda 121 DW Demio in the US? Ford rebadged it and sold it as a Festiva mini wagon in Japan

Also, hard to see from small pic, had to pull it from my browser history

1993 4/5 door Festiva. It was advertised last week for $280, looked very tidy.
      Last edited by reddragon; 11-25-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

No, the US was dry of the 121 after the second gen (Ford Aspire) untill 2011 when we got it back as the 6th gen car (a 5 door), badged as the Mazda2 and Ford Fiesta, then discontinued after 2013. The Ford Fiesta lives on with an Eco Boost I belive.
        we have a 2012 Mazda2 and love it!
        No car too fast !

Comment

I have a 1997 121. Most people recognize it as the first car they ever drove in Gran Turismo

Comment

Sweet !
            No car too fast !

Comment

Awesome

Comment

So what was the conclusion to this? This i find very interesting. There is an import company that sells Japanese cars that are of age 25 or older here in the states. Japanese Classics is their name. Maybe give them a ringer to see what they can get from Japan. Im not sure if they sold the Mazda 121 in a 5 door configuration in Japan. But they could probably help you out. They sell R32 Skylines and AE86 Trueno and Levin's all day long titled and all. Ready to drive home. Hope this helps. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by reyestuninggarag View Post
                  So what was the conclusion to this? This i find very interesting. There is an import company that sells Japanese cars that are of age 25 or older here in the states. Japanese Classics is their name. Maybe give them a ringer to see what they can get from Japan. Im not sure if they sold the Mazda 121 in a 5 door configuration in Japan. But they could probably help you out. They sell R32 Skylines and AE86 Trueno and Levin's all day long titled and all. Ready to drive home. Hope this helps. Cheers

That is a really good point the next best would be Europe Germany has a good selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Festiver
                  93 L find/5 speed
                  BP/g15mr swapped
                  Aspire brake swapped
                  Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
                  rustful

93 festie
                  advanced suspension
                  kai/skeeter camber
                  b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
                    That is a really good point the next best would be Europe Germany has a good selection

Is there any one here in the states that imports European cars like Japanese Classics does? Be cool to know there is someone who does that like they do. Real simple. You show up, give the money, paper work gets filled, you get title and plates and you drive home. But its expensive thats for sure.

Comment

How bad do you want one? Mexico is right here next to us, the cars aren't rusty like Germany or Japan, and you can just drive it home. Belize is full of them too. How many people want these? I'll go get a few. I didn't think there was that much interest. We have no shortage of 5 door hatchbacks to choose from here. It seems like that's all ford will import now. I want a 2 door Fiesta ST really bad, but Ford tells me it isn't happening. I've also been told that if I try, it'll get taken away from me when I try to register it in this country. It seems that it doesn't meet safety standards here in the home of the free and brave folk.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-20-2016, 11:33 AM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

How bad do you want one? Mexico is right here next to us, the cars aren't rusty like Germany or Japan, and you can just drive it home. Belize is full of them too. How many people want these? I'll go get a few. I didn't think there was that much interest. We have no shortage of 5 door hatchbacks to choose from here. It seems like that's all ford will import now. I want a 2 door Fiesta ST really bad, but Ford tells me it isn't happening. I've also been told that if I try, it'll get taken away from me when I try to register it in this country. It seems that it doesn't meet safety standards here in the home of the free and brave folk.
                        I'll definitely take you up on that in a couple years when my financial situation is better lol I tried looking online in South America with no luck

Festiver
                        93 L find/5 speed
                        BP/g15mr swapped
                        Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                        rustful

93 festie
                        advanced suspension
                        kai/skeeter camber
                        b3t/g15mr

Comment

South America has a strange car market because there is a lot of Brazilian manufacturing, and they tend to make their own variations of cars. When I was into VW's I used to dream of importing some of the odd Brazilian made Gol, and transporter vehicles. The import rules were much more strict in those days, so it was just a pipe dream, but today we see lots of imported vehicles here in AZ. Every day I see Mexican market 4 door Toyota hilux trucks or Nissan crew cab Frontier trucks. They sold well in Mexico, because there is a heavy tax on trucks, but if it has 4 doors, it's considered a car. Go figure.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

South America has a strange car market because there is a lot of Brazilian manufacturing, and they tend to make their own variations of cars. When I was into VW's I used to dream of importing some of the odd Brazilian made Gol, and transporter vehicles. The import rules were much more strict in those days, so it was just a pipe dream, but today we see lots of imported vehicles here in AZ. Every day I see Mexican market 4 door Toyota hilux trucks or Nissan crew cab Frontier trucks. They sold well in Mexico, because there is a heavy tax on trucks, but if it has 4 doors, it's considered a car. Go figure.
                            lol I didn't. Know that, pretty neat how difficult is it to import a car from Mexico that was never meant to be here

Festiver
                            93 L find/5 speed
                            BP/g15mr swapped
                            Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                            rustful

93 festie
                            advanced suspension
                            kai/skeeter camber
                            b3t/g15mr

Comment

Have you considered swapping the ST into a feSTiva?

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
                                lol I didn't. Know that, pretty neat how difficult is it to import a car from Mexico that was never meant to be here

Easier than it is from Europe or Japan. You can drive it in and if it's older than 25 years, it's the same paperwork as a JDM import. Just buy the car, get the paperwork for it, store it in Mexico, do all the necessary paperwork here with motor vehicle dept. and go down and drive it back. I'm 2 hours from Mexico. I've seen 4 door Festivas in Puerto Penasco, which is a 3.5 hour drive from my house. Not a big deal.
                                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-21-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X