100% what if topic only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I used a progressive controller to do just what your talking about in my Scirocco about 17 years ago. The controller was made by Jacobs electronics, but I'm sure they have better stuff now. I'm pretty sure megasquirt can be set up to control a nitrous solenoid and adjust the fuel for it.
    It does work, but it's so much better to just use an appropriately sized turbocharger to begin with. I wouldn't waste my time setting all that up again.
    Any time you duty cycle flow with a low resolution pulse from a single point you'll have cylinder fill inconsistency.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Since it wasn't being used for maximum HP, it wasn't a problem. I had it running to 2 wet foggers in the charge cooler outlet. It wasn't optimal, but it made a difference. I actually bought the system used and it was pretty much already dialed in for what I was doing. It worked with the Jacob's ignition and could pull timing with the nitrous or with boost. It was quirky, but pretty advanced for its day.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-26-2016, 10:16 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Since it wasn't being used for maximum HP, it wasn't a problem. I had it running to 2 wet foggers in the charge cooler outlet. It wasn't optimal, but it made a difference. I actually bought the system used and it was pretty much already dialed in for what I was doing. It worked with the Jacob's ignition and could pull timing with the nitrous or with boost. It was quirky, but pretty advanced for its day.
        But it was a foot or two from the valves, that'd be better than manifold injecting

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah, it was about 3 feet away. The foggers were 2 stage. It was a dual progressive setup which also helped. I remember having trouble finding small enough jets for the fuel. That car was CIS injection which runs at a higher pressure than typical electronic injection.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Anyone know if a centrifugal charger is a good idea for a B6 G or L engine?
            Do they make them small enough?
            Are they easier to set up (with an IC) than a turbo?
            Is there an example already in the wild?
            Last edited by Greywolf; 07-27-2016, 04:11 AM.
            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

What is a b6 G or L?
              Rotrex might have one that's suitable for a b6. Superchargers are typically much harder to set up and plumb than a turbo when there isn't a bolt on kit. You have to accommodate a belt drive that will support the requirements of the charger. If you have a big nosed crank engine, you can use an ATI damper. They offer supercharger pulleys for their damper. I would imagine the cost of a Rotrex, ATI damper and associated fab work to equal around 8 grand when all said and done.

Comment

I've been looking up the different engines in the Mazda I4 family. There is a "B" series, "G", and an "L" - among others.

The newest (Ecoboost badged, by Ford) go up to 2.5L. Mazda calls them the "SKYACTIV" engine, the 2.5L is designated SKYACTIV-G 2.5

Here's the Wiki list - which is interesting because it has links to what car models and years had what engines!

For example, if you go to that page and click on the "L Engine" link, you get this page:

Where that's useful, is that you can see what cars/SUV's had what in it, and use that info to target them in a junk yard crawl.
                Last edited by Greywolf; 07-28-2016, 03:33 AM.
                Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                X