Im deep in the Festiva game now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reyestuninggarag View Post
    Hmmm... i will look into that. I will be at the local P&P yard tomorrow because the where gonna put a festiva in one of the rows i saw it in the back last week. So hopefully its there tomorrow so i can pull that one off as well. Man im really liking all this stuff haha. The challenges haha

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you are catching that fever called "Festiva Madness".
    Do be careful if you decided to order the gauge from FourGreen. There are different gauges for cars that had a mechanical fuel pump so you would want to make sure to order the right one if you plan to spend that much on one.

Pull the fuel pump out of the junkyard Festiva and take a little multimeter with you to check to see the resistance changes as you move the lever up and down. You can remove the gauge from the pump, but be careful not to break it..careful removing the connector.

I have a complete pump and gauge in the garage now that I pulled from a 93 but I haven't tested the gauge yet.
    Last edited by 1990new; 08-17-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
      Sounds like you are catching that fever called "Festiva Madness".
      Do be careful if you decided to order the gauge from FourGreen. There are different gauges for cars that had a mechanical fuel pump so you would want to make sure to order the right one if you plan to spend that much on one.

Pull the fuel pump out of the junkyard Festiva and take a little multimeter with you to check to see the resistance changes as you move the lever up and down. You can remove the gauge from the pump, but be careful not to break it..careful removing the connector.

I have a complete pump and gauge in the garage now that I pulled from a 93 but I haven't tested the gauge yet.
      Ok cool will do. And yes, im absolutely mad over this little gem haha. I really like it! I also scored a center console from an auto with the right color like mine so ima cleab that and in it goes haha love it!

Comment

Your first festy experience is the reason I won't even bother buying them up here anymore. Looks like you got lucky on the second. Anything remotely clean is expensive up here.

I think I saw in another post that youre from the Detroit area. There's a good 4-5 of us from around there, and I'm down in ToledHo.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Your first festy experience is the reason I won't even bother buying them up here anymore. Looks like you got lucky on the second. Anything remotely clean is expensive up here.

I think I saw in another post that youre from the Detroit area. There's a good 4-5 of us from around there, and I'm down in ToledHo.
          Yeah i did get lucky. I still think 2k was a tad much but im really happy because i got the one ive been wanting for so long. Rear wing, rear wiper, alloy wheels, colored bumpers and mirros plus a mint interior so yes im reall happy. And yes i hear what ur saying. I actually picked the white clean one up from southbend Indiana. I wanna meet all the guys on here from this area like u that are close in ohio. That would be cool! Maybe we can set something up in the near future [emoji1]

Comment

Installed my tach cluster just now. Cluster shows 70k miles more than what the car has but looks awesome. Now no to fix that darn fuel level issue.

Last edited by reyestuninggarag; 08-17-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

2k for a rust free,good running, low miler with nice interior and spoiler?Money well spent especially if your a rust belter.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
                2k for a rust free,good running, low miler with nice interior and spoiler?Money well spent especially if your a rust belter.
                Nice! Good to know i spent my money wisely [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by reyestuninggarag View Post
                  I herd this forum was very helpful and yes I saw the regular car reviews on the festiva and that was inspiring somewhat to come here.
                  Originally posted by Ford666Festiva View Post
                  Haha RCR got me here too!!
                  WOW, I'm so excited that my review could bring people here! WELCOME!!
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                    WOW, I'm so excited that my review could bring people here! WELCOME!!
                    Oh thats u man? Hahaha cool stuff that exhaust tho... oh so sexy! Hahaha at 1st i was like uhh why? But then after actually owning one and taking a look underneath i see why. Ur plates said ohio? Where about?

Comment

Illinois, I'm in the Champaign area. It is a polarizing car, that's for sure! Here is a build thread if you are interested (Needs Updated badly) http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...KRY-s-91-Build

That sport is sooo clean! Looks great!
                      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                        Illinois, I'm in the Champaign area. It is a polarizing car, that's for sure! Here is a build thread if you are interested (Needs Updated badly) http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...KRY-s-91-Build

That sport is sooo clean! Looks great!
                        Ah thats right. Just watched the video again haha. And thanks. I washed her today, and man she turns heads haha. Idk if it's because a 29 year old 5'7 200 lbs man is driving it and looks hilarious or if people actually like it. It is very clean tho. Could be both hahaha

Comment

Will where was that video shot? It looks much more hilly than central illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                            Will where was that video shot? It looks much more hilly than central illinois.
                            Down in Pennsylvania! That's where all those vacation photos came from a month or so ago. That was actually half the reason I was down there!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                            Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Yeah looks pretty cool. Ive been on that side of town b4. My cousin lives around there. Oh and i fixed my fuel level issue. Got a good used one from the pick and pull the other day. So far so good! I love this damn little thing it turns heads every where. Specially with the ladys believe it or not hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X