Thoughts and opinions on the B5 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zman86 View Post
    I'd preferably like to upgrade the trans so I can beat on it without worry, but I'm already lost with this engine swapping business, and the transmission seems even more complicated to change out. Not to mention availability of engine/transmission swap parts are slim to none up here.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but what are my options as far as transmissions go to mate to the B5?
    5 speed e. F. G.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like a Rio trans swap would be good for it but if Charlie's Pedro can take track beatings on a stock trans I'm not sure I'd worry too much.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Seems like a Rio trans swap would be good for it but if Charlie's Pedro can take track beatings on a stock trans I'm not sure I'd worry too much.
        That's what I was thinking, was pretty sure he was running the stock trans in Pedro and I know he flogs his car without mercy.
        1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Yeah.
          A rio or g series box only becomes a necessity if you're going over 200hp or so.

And even then, it's only necessary if you plan to punish the car
          1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone! Just reading through Charlie's Pedro build thread to see if I could come up with a list of what I need to make this engine work. Capri's were never sold in Canada, and my car is a carby so I don't have the wiring harness I need, but I'm sure I'll be able to find all the required bits to make it work through the Festiva community.
            1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Get an aftermarket ecu like megasquirt or similar and it'll make the job 100 times easier.
              1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Working...
              X