No announcement yet.

need help dailt car died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you mean clutch interlock switch on the manual or neutral safety switch on the auto, that locks out the starter, does not kill spark. Isn't the car cranking? I'm thinking it may be Ign switch or main fuse. Have you not checked the main fuse terminals?
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

i replaced the old wire fuses with the plastic fuses. They seem to be fine. I would tink its a ignition issue as well.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I was having a no start/dying sporadically issue that I thought was an ignition switch(although new) and replaced it with another new one. No help. When this issue arose each time, the only concern was to get it going, baby it home, etc. Saturday a friend, who had been my roadside assist, finally found it, I hope. We got it going and tried to make it die. When we found it, it was a bad wire right at the connector from the harness to the dizzy. You could hold the wires on both sides of the connector and begin to slowly twist them and kill the engine. Held in that same position the engine wouldn't start and the tach didn't move at all. Untwist and crank, twist and kill. Close inspection of the wire showed an indentation in the insulation like it had been pinched. I cut the wires on the harness, the dizzy side being new, and butt spliced them. It is an 89 Auto so that connector is "unicorn". I drove it almost 200 miles since then with no problems. I just say all of this rambling to say that a flaky electrical problem can be really frustrating. This had been going on since Nov. and I had been shotgunning parts because it would "seem to be this or that". Replaced the coil, patched a really bad coil connection( from when I got it), cleaned old dizzy a couple of times from an internal oil leak,replaced dizzy, replaced condenser, and all it seems to have needed was 2 butt splices.
        Do you have a tach on the car, or one you could put in just to see if the tach is moving while trying to crank. I only put one in about 2 weeks ago and right away saw that when I was not starting, the tach wasn't moving at all. If it moved, the car stated then.
        Last edited by jawja jim; 09-19-2016, 08:37 AM.
        "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
        "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
        "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
        "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
        "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
        "Wenona"-89L parts car
        "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Great idea there. ill have to look into this.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

So i am to have stress relief fully back together and running in order to sell it. I am down to the ICM. I think it might be bad. I will be taking it in to autozone today to test it and maybe buy a new one. I hope its the last thing to fix on it. Getting tired of it now.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X