No announcement yet.

Possibly Buying a B6T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure, I haven't even looked at it yet.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

So Firebush- is that the one that was- I think- out at Keystone Heights? I saw a white one like that on Craigs for $1000 but I think it was running- a different one?

Was only up a day or two, then gone.

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
        So Firebush- is that the one that was- I think- out at Keystone Heights? I saw a white one like that on Craigs for $1000 but I think it was running- a different one?

Was only up a day or two, then gone.
        This one was listed for about 11 days when I found it. It was a very poor sales ad, as there were no pictures and very little detail except for it was a turbo and the guy didn't have a price listed. He said to make an offer and we settled on $400. It was up near Fernandina Beach. It was owned by some tow company that had filed a demolition order on it so I didn't get a title and it can't be street legal. Supposedly it still runs but I won't know til I can get a new key or take the Ignition apart.

I think he had it previously listed for about 2 months prior because I found a very similar ad for it on CL.
        Last edited by firebush357; 09-26-2016, 11:14 AM.
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

The ignition key is different than the trunk/convertible key. I might also be interested in some parts for my 91 XR-2.
          Last edited by sactnato; 09-26-2016, 01:55 PM.
          93 GL

Comment

Originally posted by sactnato View Post
            The ignition key is different than the trunk/convertible key. I might also be interested in some parts for my 91 XR-2.
            I can tell you that the window was left open the entire time it was at the Tow Yard so seats are ruined but if you need something I don't plan on using I would happily part it out.
            sigpic

Comment

I just got off the phone with Pop-A-Lock and they said that without proof of ownership that they can't make me a key for the ignition. That is basically the answer that I got from the internet as well so it looks like I will be putting a new one in or just break it and start it with a screw driver....
              sigpic

Comment

If you can open the passenger door, remove the door panel and retrieve the tumbler. That one has the code for the car, and you can make duplicates from that.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

So I ended up Drilling out the pin to pull the Ignition Cylinder out... A lot harder than what I thought it was going to be. I ended up drilling a 3/4 hole all the way through the cylinder and then had to beat the crap out of it with a 3lb. sledge before it broke and came out.

I hooked a battery up to it and she fired right up and sounds good. The guy I bought it from said that it ran out of gas and that is why he had to tow it off of the side of the road but it ends up that it has gas in it but it won't go into gear so I'm assuming that there is Clutch issues. Either way $400 isn't bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

Would have been easier to pull the passenger side tumbler...
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      Would have been easier to pull the passenger side tumbler...
                      :ia: but drilling it out is free.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X