No announcement yet.

Skippy is on his way out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving the engine forward is almost as much of an upgrade as putting a bigger engine in. Traction traction traction!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Ok so I keep thinking about it and I'm pretty sure I want to stay with the B3... I have quite a bit of time into the head and know that there was some power left on the table.

So, I ask the forum this: what would you like to see done with this...? Keep in mind it will stay EFI, and I won't be touching the crank in any exotic way. Everything else is fair game.

Suggest away!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

bump compression, individual throttle bodies, megasquirt
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Common, you can do better than that...

Been wanting to unlock the factory ECU for at least rpm control... Fuel is easy outside the box, but that darn rev limiter puts the kibosh on any real fun.
          Last edited by FestYboy; 11-28-2016, 09:41 PM.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Dragonhealer can fix that issue.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

!!!???? Since when? Did he relock the timer or what?
              I can do my own board work, but haven't sat down to trace it all out yet as I haven't had the need, and was disappointed when I heard a few years ago that the B3 ECU was not able to be chipped. I knew there had to be a work around for it as a hardware swap, just didn't pursue it till now.

Comment

There's not much else you can do n/a. If there's a dohc z series with the same bore size as a b3 you could swap heads.

10:1 ish compression, e85, gt2554r turbo
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Head has been shaved .020" already with a P&P and gasket match. Turbo has always been the end goal so that means new rods and pistons (want to keep the compression high). And the valve shape leaves something to be desired even though they've been un-shrouded.
                  ITB and boost aren't a typical combination and most of the kits I've seen are too big for this engine andI have to think about hood clearance.

Comment

You'd have to make your own ITB setup because the bore pitch on the small block b series engines is narrower than most engines, so there are almost no options. Even motorcycle engines have a wider pitch. CBR 600 bodies may work on a custom intake flange. Turbo and ITBs is the way to go, I've built a lot of engines that way. The benefits are the same as N/A, just multiplied.

As far as the ECU, yes, that's what he does. It's a trial and error thing and requires dyno tuning to get all the parameters compensated for. It's not as easy as just swapping in a different chip and going.
                    What about PNP megasquirt? It seems like the cheapest way to get any real power with the stock wiring.
                    You could sleeve a b6d block down to run b3 pistons. Then you get oil squirters, a better oil pump, block vent and much better crank. You could also machine the sleeves to interlock with the head (Ni-resist o-rings) and use a b6 commetic gasket. This setup would allow you to run enormous amounts of boost without fear of head lift. It would look like a simple turbo B3 on the outside, but produce a reliable 270hp to the wheels.
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-29-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Now we're talking!!! Never thought about sleeving a b6 down... And it keeps the bores siamesed.

No where did that 16v sohc b3 head go....

Comment

Germany, but I'm pretty sure it is the short stroke version of the B6 variation.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-29-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Even better. 9000 RPM, here I come!

Comment

Here ya go! http://www.ebay.com/itm/271654202274

Or, you might find this interesting.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-29-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Second one looks dangerously fun.

Comment

That would be an easy swap, it's not far from you and already has some variation of a stronger tranny. Looks similar to a g series.

Comment

Working...
                                X