A new pony in the stable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new pony in the stable.

Just acquired a 1959 Austin Healey Sprite. It has just under 71,000 miles on it and appears to be in very sold shape. The previous owners purchased it in the early 70's and it's been garaged all that time.

I have to reorganize the garage (still haven't completely cleaned up from the B6T project) and then will take an inventory of the included bits and pieces. Once that's done we can formulate a plan of attack.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I like the expression on his face.

If you painted it green, he would look like a frog

Comment

Frog eyed Sprite is one of the nicknames they had in the States
      subbed!
      No car too fast !

Comment

That's awesome Ian! Put a B6t in that too!
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Bug Eyed! Always wanted one, a bit at least. They got smaller later and lost the bug eyes. Nice find

Comment

I've owned several MGBs, and I'm always glad to see the effort made to keep a little British roadster on the road. They can be made to run reliably. I've done it.

Might as well set up a payroll deduction for Moss now. <click>

Comment

electronics.......

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                Might as well set up a payroll deduction for Moss now. <click>
                Don't forget Frogeye Spares and The Bugeye Guy

Ian
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Check out Caitlyn's new Bugeye.
                  He/she/it should make your new pony increase in value.

Comment

Here's a shot to give you an idea of the size of this car.

The trailer bed is 8ft x 6ft.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Are those 4 x 114 pattern wheels?

Gonna stay with those or go alloy?- bet they're pretty thin.

Must be low curb weight it appears. Very petrol conscious back in England in those days. still in war shortages Ive heard.
                      RUIDD:
                      Last edited by harpon; 01-12-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Bolt pattern on the Sprite is 4×4" or 4×101.6
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                          Here's a shot to give you an idea of the size of this car.

The trailer bed is 8ft x 6ft.
                          Thats a lot smaller than i thought from the first photo! Looks like it will be a lot of fun! But im glad you didnt have to stop quickly or hit large bumps while you were taking it home.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasnt too worried about it. There was a pair of straps underneath the car going from the middle of the trailer to the back of the car and another pair going from the front of the car to the back of the trailer. The orange strap going over the car was just to hold down the bonnet.
                            Last edited by fastivaca; 01-12-2017, 10:12 PM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

So what is the year? Early 60's sometime I guess, or late 50s?

I knew a guy in '69 or so who had a 67 or 68 Sprite and t was tame as an MG Midget by then I think- much different.

Comment

Working...
                              X