• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harpon View Post
    So what is the year? .
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

1959 eh? The year "The Twilight Zone" began airing on CBS.

You should call it then : "Car 54- The Manager"

You outta paint it British Racing Green, like this:

Comment

The car is almost as old as me! Green has been discussed but we're leaning towards Old English White like this...

Painting is a long way off though so color choice may very well change.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

omg its gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
            omg its gorgeous
            Stop by next time you're in town!
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Congrats, looks like a great project and way fun to drive when done. my.02 for color is white.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Too cool!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

damn, that thing is tiny.... I thought they where bigger lol... it will be cool when its done any plans for the motor? period correct and proper, or something wild to wake it up?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Initial ideas are to keep it stock or modified with period correct pieces. Haven't been looking long but there appears to be a lot more 'stuff' available for the Sprite than for the Festiva!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

isetta 008.jpgIt is big.....compared to thisisetta 009.jpg

It's a 1957 Isetta microcar 2 cylinders, 300 cc
                      Last edited by Rick the Quick; 01-18-2017, 12:25 AM.
                      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I actually recall seeing a couple of those 3 wheelers when I was still young- There's one that rolls in front of Fred Astaire and beeps in the movie Funny Face.
                        Last edited by harpon; 01-18-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

It has 4 wheels. The rear drive wheels are so close together that it has no differential, or at least so I have read. I'm painting it for a guy. If I had it I would finish it and sell it. That would give me plenty of money to finish my Festiva and buy a Corvette. High book on this gem is 53K! Tonights project look for Funny Face on You Tube......:fofd:
                          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
                          X