No announcement yet.

Just bought an 88 Lx for 100 bucks need advice on getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have spark, and can you force the fuel pump to run via the test plug?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

How do I do that? Its something I could try. Seems to have spark or did but am going to test again once my battery is charged.
      93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
      89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
      2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

There should be a 2 terminal T plug near the driver strut tower. Jump the 2 pins.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

did you change the fuel tank and lines?
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yes i did change the tank and all rubber hoses but not hard lines. I did the swap once before and had no issues. I did however just discover my inertia switch was tripped, could this be the problem?
            P
            93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
            89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
            2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

Originally posted by nutoofestiva View Post
              Yes i did change the tank and all rubber hoses but not hard lines. I did the swap once before and had no issues. I did however just discover my inertia switch was tripped, could this be the problem?
              P
              The inertia switch disables fuel supply to the engine in event the vehicle turns over in an accident. So yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
              “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Working...
              X