No announcement yet.

Federal 595 185/60r13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well more bad news on the tires. The 2nd place i ordered from canceled the order as well. They said on the phone they had plenty. They claim to have had computer problems. Anyway i called and called around until i finally got in touch with a guy that knew what was up. He said the tire was back ordered. He is to have the tire in stock this Wednesday! I placed my order with him and he even charged me 75$ less then the last guy. I should have the tires in time for next weekend! I HOPE
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I disagree with this. 165 gets better grip, wet or dry, until the 185 builds heat. I'd strongly suggest a 165/55-14 for Ethel, on some of those hollow spoke Daisey's you're using to hold up a parts table some place. Lol.
      hey I'm just curious as to why the 165 would get better grip. I'm no expert but I would think the 20 extra millimeters would make it more grippy. Why is this not the case?

ps sorry about the delay mike, you will get them and you will love them!
      Last edited by fudge; 03-20-2017, 03:04 PM.
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Pounds per square inch! To much tire and you dont have enough weight to make them deform to the road surface enough to grip it. Its crazy to think that the festiva can actually have to much tire but i guess its true. I will have 185 soon and be able to give a good review. I also have the econo tires in 165. I have not pushed the econo tires much tho. Mostly just lots of spinning them...
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Charlie has done lots of back to back testing. As Ethel still has the B3, probably not enough weight to use the 185's to advantage, and possibly a disadvantage?
          No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
            hey I'm just curious as to why the 165 would get better grip. I'm no expert but I would think the 20 extra millimeters would make it more grippy. Why is this not the case?

ps sorry about the delay mike, you will get them and you will love them!
            wider means less pressure on the contact patch. On a race track, the tires get hot and sticky so a wider tire can be used, but it'll take longer to heat up the wider tire.
            On the street, tires usually don't get hot enough to get sticky. Too wide a tire will get less grip than the proper width tire for the weight of the vehicle.
            On a Festiva with the E series transmission in the stock location, without any other extreme weight added to the vehicle, a 165mm tire is as wide as you can go before you start loosing traction.
            Some people report less spinning with bigger, wider tires on these cars. My thoery is that the added rolling diameter and weight are just reducing the and mount of available TQ at the wheels.

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
            Charlie has done lots of back to back testing. As Ethel still has the B3, probably not enough weight to use the 185's to advantage, and possibly a disadvantage?
            unless your either towing a heavy load or you want more wheel weight for comfort reasons, or floatation in sand or snow, yes.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I think i will be just fine with the 185! I have a very heavy front end. My tires will ship out on Thursday. I will have them installed by next weekend! I will give you guys some feedback asap on them.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                I think i will be just fine with the 185! I have a very heavy front end. My tires will ship out on Thursday. I will have them installed by next weekend! I will give you guys some feedback asap on them.
                Any feedback on those tires?
                92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
                  Any feedback on those tires?
                  Yes. The tires made a huge difference in the car. Before the tires the car felt numb. Once i put the 595 on i could feel the back in getting happy. I could pull in almost a perfect straight line. Overkill still spins the tires with ease on low boost tho. They do grab tho. I love the tire. For the price i will be sticking to these for some time!

My 1st autocross really messed with the tires hard tho. To be fair i was spinning the daylights out of them and trying to corner way to hard and fast on my crappy set suspension. I put the tires through tire hell. You can see how the front didnt like it and the back didnt care. Next autocorss is the 11th. I will have more feedback as i plan to have the suspension set by then.

I like the tire a lot tho. I like it way more then the econo tire. The 595 is alot softer and a much nicer more expensive tire tho.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X