Minor understeer correction ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess my explanation isn't any good

Moving the mounts at the front forward will get much more effect, but introduces another variable not for the novice, I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 06-04-2017, 11:01 PM.
    No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
      Guess my explanation isn't any good

You mean replacing the metal cup thats further foreward with a washer to take less space? Shaving down that rubber bushing a bit? Then adding a washer at the rear end to push it foreward?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is good reading!
        '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
        '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
        '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          You mean replacing the metal cup thats further foreward with a washer to take less space? Shaving down that rubber bushing a bit? Then adding a washer at the rear end to push it foreward?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          That would do it, then the issue Dragonhealer speaks of doesn't come into play. The down side to that method though is limited range of adjustment.

Still, the best way to get what we're all after is remove the swaybar all together.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Look into the tow plates that are for sell in here. I have a set and they are wonderful. ALso look at my suspension thread. If you redo your suspension to the advanced setup you will be way better off. -2 to -3° up front and as much as you can run in the rear up to like -5°.

I would start with the suspension tho. It makes the car (festiva) a entirely new car. Once your suspension is proper and set up you can go from there. FYI the suspension is around 500$
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X