Locked hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked hatch

Hey guys so I guess I locked my hatch some how and the key I was give with my baby doesn't open it. I need help someone tell me how to get it unlocked! Lol

Does the lever work? Sometimes my lever will feel like it broke off on the inside. I gotta climb in and on the passengers side up near the latch i gotta push a little bracket backwards(to the plate). Its the child lock i guess! ANyway i push that lever and she will open right up.

if the hatch is actually locked then i dont know what to do.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

there is a little lever that actuates the lock, usually the key is attached to a little metal arm that has a piece of plastic that can sometimes break. the actual lock will be a little lever under the doorcard, you should be able to get to it. It's happened to me before too, only problem is we had to use a broomstick because we cant fit through our cage :/. i know your pain on it lol

Car #789
      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

With a screwdriver, you should be able to move the finger at the latch mechanism from the inside. It needs to be pushed down.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Here is a picture of the latch with the lever that they are talking about.

Here is a picture of the latch closed.

Here is a picture of the latch open.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-26-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

My key don't work for my hatch so I but a zip tie on the lever and alls I have to do is pull the zip tie from inside to open it.

Comment

You guys must have fat fingers! I just reach in there and push the lever! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                You guys must have fat fingers! I just reach in there and push the lever! Lol
                Hahaha same here!
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I don't need a key.
                  Only a Mazda MPV actuator

Comment

Haha I feel slightly dumb guess that child lock is adult proof also! Thanks everyone! I'll keep the latch thing in mind in my handle brakes always have the worst look with hatches lol

Comment

Working...
                    X