No announcement yet.

New and improved. STOP...tiva time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jim, do you think you make be able to make a V2? I was mocking mine up yesterday and realized the display points more towards the ground than vertical, or more ideally, up a few degrees where your head would be.

If you look at the Clock bezel scan you are making, you can see where the factory clock bezels have that bevel that makes it so the clock actually points up a few degrees relative to the face of the part.

Could you add a similar tilted bevel to the Volt meters so it points more towards where you head is vertically?
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
      Hey Jim, do you think you make be able to make a V2? I was mocking mine up yesterday and realized the display points more towards the ground than vertical, or more ideally, up a few degrees where your head would be.

If you look at the Clock bezel scan you are making, you can see where the factory clock bezels have that bevel that makes it so the clock actually points up a few degrees relative to the face of the part.

Could you add a similar tilted bevel to the Volt meters so it points more towards where you head is vertically?
      I noticed that too. I will try. Maybe I can try and manipulate the clock bezel into a volt meter holder. I have the black clock bezel done if ya want her. You want to wait to get that until I can see if I can make another volt meter and send you them both? No charge on the voltmeter if I can get one off. I'll make em for the other guys too if I can. What color was your voltmeter again? Probably won't get to that until this weekend though. Plus I could add the beefed up screw holder to them.
      Last edited by jimdigs; 07-11-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Man those look great, I want one but I can't decide whether I want a clock or the voltmeter, I think the voltmeter is more practical but the clock goes better for a word theme I am thinking of. Mach *clock* # the clock in the middle of Mach and number sign = Mach time. Think I'm going to name my car 'Hyper' for Hypersonic (Mach 5+) or 'Mach' representing the speed of sound.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
          I noticed that too. I will try. Maybe I can try and manipulate the clock bezel into a volt meter holder. I have the black clock bezel done if ya want her. You want to wait to get that until I can see if I can make another volt meter and send you them both? No charge on the voltmeter if I can get one off. I'll make em for the other guys too if I can. What color was your voltmeter again? Probably won't get to that until this weekend though. Plus I could add the beefed up screw holder to them.
          Black on both, with a beefier screw hole would be swell. I am in no rush at all, my car is still in the project phase.
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
            Black on both, with a beefier screw hole would be swell. I am in no rush at all, my car is still in the project phase.
            I forget. Did you have anything written on yours?

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
              I forget. Did you have anything written on yours?
              Plain for me!
              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Working...
              X