No announcement yet.

Only Blows out at the floorboard. Wont come out of the A/C vents on the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Blows out at the floorboard. Wont come out of the A/C vents on the dash

I tried to do a search but am probably not typing the correct words to find something about this issue. I have everything set to come out of the A/C vent and the air will only blow out at the floorboard. Is there a broken vacuum line somewhere? Where can I look for it?
    1992 White Ford Festiva GL 5sp with A/C (Fettuccine)

No vaccum lines, all mechanical. Look in the passenger footwell towards the middle of the car and you will see the linkage. Follow it around to see what has broken or come loose.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
      No vaccum lines, all mechanical. Look in the passenger footwell towards the middle of the car and you will see the linkage. Follow it around to see what has broken or come loose.

thank you I will take a look later today. I had thought for sure there would be a broken vacuum line but I couldn't find anything along the firewall like some of the other older cars I've owned in the past. I'll report back what I find.

Comment

Hot air does not come out of the dash vents. Not sure about A/C air though.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Hot air does not come out of the dash vents. Not sure about A/C air though.
          Ac condenser (or is it the evaporater?) is before all doors and heater core, all the incoming air to the fan gets cooled, so cool air blows anywhere and everywhere.
          I think he meant no air is coming out those vents.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-12-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

This a perennial question regarding Festivas. Hot air only comes out of the defrost vents and floor vents. Fresh air and air conditioned air will come out of the four vents in the dash. Heated air will not come out of these vents unless the system is modified to do so. And yes, it's all mechanical.

Top slider on the control panel establishes where the incoming air is directed. Far left directs the air to the dash vents, center to the floor, far right to the defrost.
            Center slider on the control panel selects either fresh air (far right) or recirculation of cabin air (far left). Personally I have never used the recirculation setting, even in the coldest of Calgary winters.
            Bottom slider selects the temperature.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I was able to find the cable and plastic sliding looking things. after a few giggles and a few tries it mysteriously works now. Don't know if something was in a bind or what. Air is now coming out of the vents. Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X