Hello from az

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from az

So i bought my first festiva yesterday.. Its a unmolested 1988 festiva l 4 speed with ac. I scored it for $700 wich i think is great cause its so clean. Ive always wanted to buy one of these and lower it and put exhaust lol. Ive only ever seen one other lowered festy. Ive been wanting o do this for a fer years now. Just had the ac serviced today and it actually works! And currently im doing the shifter mod (slightly different from the thread). Ive only been on here for a day and the forum has already helped me tremendously. I think ill start a build thread to track my progress. Sorry im rambling on lol just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great information!!20170628_182001.jpg20170628_181955.jpg

Hello and Welcome, It's great to have you!

There is a fantastic wealth of information here, and judging by your post, you are already on your way to some great things!
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

So THAT'S what they look like without rust.

Oh BTW, welcome.

Comment

Welcome!
        1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
        1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
        2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

You sir, need to visit Charlie. And be ready to have your mind blown.

This forum will be your best friend for any mods you could think of. And don't be afraid to ask questions, all of us are glad to help.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Nice looking car! The forum is a great place! So is arizona, lol. At least 2 members there with cool festivas.
            Lots of lowered festys on the forum here.
            Did you find the thread about what suspension to buy to lower it and make this car handle amazing?
            Here is some low for you:

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whos charlie lol and those lowered festys are exactly what i wanna do lol. Havent seen the thread to lower it yet. Also im not sure on a tire/rim size to run yet lol. I just got done with the shifter and man what a difference! Now im tinting (or attempting to) all the lights lol

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfire14 View Post
                Whos charlie lol and those lowered festys are exactly what i wanna do lol. Havent seen the thread to lower it yet. Also im not sure on a tire/rim size to run yet lol. I just got done with the shifter and man what a difference! Now im tinting (or attempting to) all the lights lol
                He lives in arizona and built the car i posted photos of. He figured out the suspension stuff and mike summarized his original thread here:
                If you are looking for a great street/track suspension that won't break the bank or you just want an upgrade to the stock suspension this is for you. I will go over each step in the order that i did them. I am sure you could do them in another order however this is just what i did. I will give as much detail as i can. I will

Theres a tire size discussion thread but for all around use like ocassional track but mostly highway the 165/55 14 achilles tire works well.
                Youll also want your name on this list:

I just got -2deg camber on mine but the handeling difference is amazing!
                Charlie=advancedynamix on the forum and ryal greenwood=dragonhealer. Ryal organized the insanity meet. It was a festiva only track day in arizona. Looked to be amazing. Should be one happening again this fall
                Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-29-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome thank you so much! And what width and offset do you run? Ill probably just order a set of black steelies if i cant find anything cheap used here lol

Comment

If running 14" rims, a 6-6.5" wide rim will work well. A 7" wide rim will add stretch and some sidewall stability, but will also shorten the OD of the tire, I'd move to the more common 165/60 tire.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Awesome thank you so much! And what width and offset do you run? Ill probably just order a set of black steelies if i cant find anything cheap used here lol
                      14 is the sweet spot for a Festiva, you want to keep at or below 6" Width, or up to 7" if you get the Coilovers mastered by Charlie (Advancedynamix here on the forums)

Your offset will change depending on what width you choose
                      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                      Feel free to PM me anytime!
                      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

It depends a little on how much camber you run and if you swap brakes. I think their testing out -5 degrees on cauldron and its working amazingly well. I have -2 all around with aspire brakes on the front and festiva rear. I believe my rims are 35 offset and they are 6in wide. I went with the 165/50 r14. Smaller diameter so slightly more get up and go. Mine fit decent with no spacers, but i have stock front suspension, guys with coilovers would have to help you with what you can run, but lots has been written about it here.
                        This is my car, its obviously not lowered.

Comment

So 14×6 with 165/55s is optimal on a festy? What arebthings you guys have done for a lil more get up?

Comment

Update the exhaust and add timing.

Comment

So 14×6 with 165/55s is optimal on a festy? What arebthings you guys have done for a lil more get up?
                              For a b3 yes.
                              For more power without an engine swap or with?

Comment

Working...
                              X