Temp gauge sending unit thread pitch and Diameter anyone know what size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp gauge sending unit thread pitch and Diameter anyone know what size

I went through all my taps and dies that I can find but I do not have a tap. Went through all my thread chasers no luck there either. Went to the closest parts store no tap,no thread chaser,not even a nut or bolt the right size so I can check the size and get the right tap.If I had been thinking I would have mic'd the O.D. and used my pitch gauge on it before I rigged it into the car temporarily while I chase down a tap.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Are you talking about the small straight thread one in the cylinder head?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have time to search right now, getting ready to get on a plane. In the past Napa had an online catalog that you can look up all the senders and sensors and it would have their information such as thread and pitch and how they work normally open, normally closed or temperatures and whatnot.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

This might be it here. I don't have the time to look through it. http://www.pageturnpro.com/Four-Seas.../0/mindex.html
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

Thank you everyone for your time I found the information through standard motorproducts tech support info is m8 x .75 . again thank you!
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
          X