The Ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Bean View Post
    It also has a blown rear transmission mount . And trying to find a good shell for a cheap price Im not sure I can. I took the cross member out tonite and was able to push the trans side back enough to get it straight but not sure how to keep it there.
    I thought north carolina was full of festivas?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

6hrs isnt long for a weekend on this forum [emoji14] but i cant tell what those 2 photos are of, sorry. Are you able to take a video of the damage, upload to youtube and post here? That would give us a much better idea.
      It all depends on what the damage is. I drove one with a fair bit of front end damage for 9 years and nothing happened, but it all depends whats bent.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The 1 pic is the inside of the passenger side wheel well and the other is below the battery tray I think if I can get the drive line straight and keep it there I'd drive it . And as far as posting a video I'm not sure how to all I have is my phone and it takes me for ever to get pics posted here.

Comment

Any ideas on how to get the engine and trans to stay straight prolly won't be able to do anything till this weekend cause of all the rain there calling for .

Comment

Also will the manual rack out of an aspire work in the ghost who already has the aspire brake swap in it I'm hoping to go this weekend to get the steering knuckle I need an was going to get the rack if it would work.

Comment

Got the steering rack and spindle assembly today from the junkyard both in good shape getting the 2 mounts and axle tomorrow when they come in hope I can get the driveline straight or straighter than it was an get it all back together if I can and it drives straight then next weekend will be changing out the timing belt and water pump and fluids .

Comment

Good Luck!
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Well I got the new/used rack installed and both transmission mounts in and the crossmember back under before it got dark so one nite this week ill try and get the drive line straighter and then install the new axle and the steering knuckle . And thanks fire bush I'll need it . Trying to get this all done and on the road then I have a neon to pull the dash out of to change out the heater core .

Comment

Just an update got the mounts an crossmember installed new axle lost trans fluid so now I gotta get fluid an filters oil an trans also got the spindle reinstalled am eye balled the alignment. So now tomorrow u have to remember to put the battery on charge at work bring it and the wheel studs home so I can reboot the wheel on and hopefully take it up and down the road where I live . Still no room between the trans an radiator prolly can't even slide a piece of paper between them but I'll see what happens.

Comment

Sorry for the typos using my phone to type lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X