Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up my first Festiva last night!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear wheel bearings, jack up 1 side in the back and wiggle the wheel, it will move, all festivas need new rear wheel bearings when you get them, hah.

Dont forget to get the new spindle nuts when you get the bearings, they are ushally beat and are really intended for 1 time use.

remember! the right side spindle nut is reverse thread!

For a lil more power from the lil B3, 2 things I do too all my festivas, this makes a huge difference!

#1 take out airbox, get a whiz wheel and cut out the triangle around the lil snorkle thing. this opens things up a bit.

#2 jack up the timing as far as you can go without pinging. how far depends on if you want to run mid grade or super fuel.

(I run my b6 festiva on mid grade, this lets me run more timing advance and also for some reason i get better mileage to.)

just advancing the timing and airbox cut makes it like a completley different car.

if you open your hood, is there a big dirty grease spot under the hood on the left side? Dont worry about all festivas have that. hah

Comment

LOL awesome!! thanks for the info, that helps a lot actually. we will replace the bearing when we replace the drums in the rear.

and yes, i do believe it does have that grease spot. hahaha

just found out about the whole heating thing, me and my buddy were getting pisseed last night thinkingit was broken. and i also wondered why the temp never got close to the middle of the gauge even. lol after a little reading i know whats up and i guess i will get some cardboard out for the rad!
      1992 Festiva
      2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

left side of the hood? pshh thats pitiful. mine is completely COVERED!!! :lol: :lol:

hey, can the equivalent of that airbox thing be done on a carbed car?
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

i took took the festiva to leavens (my vw dealership i go to) to show ppl and joel (my buddy who is a mechanic there) came out and shook the wheel. the wheel had abou 4" of play. the wheel bearing is the worst they have ever seen and were surprised i didn't die. they wouldn't let me drive it out of there. the spindle was all messed up too, (edited : please watch the language ,this is not the Arena), so we had to order a new one. they only have the right (which is the worst) at ford and they discontinued the left somehow. the part cost $105 for the one and we also ordered wheel bearing obv for both sides. the left isn't as bad so hopefully all it needs is a bearing and it will be fine again. the wreckers only sells complete rear axles for $150 so who knows what the condition is, thats why we ordered just the one stock part from ford.

so all in total now it is costing me close to but not quite $700 for parts and labour plus the cost of car.
          1992 Festiva
          2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

you got it????? daaang you lucky guy, i wanted that one more than anything. i calle a few days ago to tell him i would pick it up and he said it was sold! haha, darrrn. have fun with that bad boy!
            -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
            -1993 Festiva L

Comment

ya! me and my buddy saw it in the trader and went to pick it up that night. $240! lol

i don't know how we made it home on that wheel bearing though, the only thing holding the wheel on was a washer pretty much. haha
              1992 Festiva
              2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

update....got a pic somebody took and posted on a local web board. haha

KYB's and civic coilovers going in tomorrow along with new brakes and full tune up...

1992 Festiva
                2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

Working...
                X