can't see a single pic posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't see a single pic posted

photobucket wants us to subscribe. does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, Imgur is free and ridiculously simple to use. It's so easy a caveman can use it.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Supachin View Post
      photobucket wants us to subscribe. does anyone else have this issue?
      Everyone is affected. Photobucket decided that they didn't want to pay the server costs to host images on other websites. They have decided to hold accounts hostage, forcing free users to pay $400 a year for the privalage to share photos externally. It's a disaster.

I am working as Moderator to help people transition into other Image hosts & fix threads that are currently broken.

If you have any threads in mind that need fixing, please let me know.
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
        Yes, Imgur is free and ridiculously simple to use. It's so easy a caveman can use it.
        Yeah but keep in mind a year from now, or 3 years from now that other free photo service could do the *exact* same thing that photobucket did.

Best advice is to attach the photos directly to the post here so they stay with the post.... forever, guaranteed.
        Last edited by 93FestyEh; 11-17-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

my PB still works :p
          Last edited by monkeykiller1996; 11-17-2017, 10:48 PM.
          88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
          89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
          93 gl FI (sold) automagical
          89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
          88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

I keep my photos linked to the domain I own.
            I will just have to continue to own it, so the pics remain linked on whatever server I choose.
            I know I am forcing everyone to follow a link, but I have never trusted image hosters for exactly what happened to the Bucket.
            All the images are also backed up on my NAS box.
            I will have to delete some of my old Obama pics to free up some needed space on the FF server.
            I can display the images directly from the url. What do people prefer? Click or no click?

Last edited by bravekozak; 11-18-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Best advice is to attach the photos directly to the post here so they stay with the post.... forever, guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

I am aware that Imgur may eventually change their policies. For now it's the easiest solution. When I use my computer to access the Forum I am not able to attach photos to my postings. When I get to the final step of downloading the photos I get a some sort of warning symbol ( I believe a yellow triangle with a red exclamation mark) and when I hit submit I am officially locked out of the Forum for 24 to 48 hours.I don't know why. Perhaps the Forums server is detecting malware or corrupted files at my end. I can use my phone to post and attach photos but it is a pita to use a phone for posting anything let alone photos.
              '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
              '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
              '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                I will just have to continue to own it, so the pics remain linked on whatever server I choose.
                I know I am forcing everyone to follow a link, but I have never trusted image hosters for exactly what happened to the Bucket.
                I will have to delete some of my old Obama pics to free up some needed space on the FF server.
                I can display the images directly from the url. What do people prefer? Click or no click?

What's a NAS box? I prefer to not have to click on to a link. On the other hand it's no big deal. BTW your pictures are excellent.

Comment

Brave is using a language I don't understand. What's a domain? Where is the "posting photos on FordFestiva.com for dummies" thread? I too have a lot of orphan Phtotobucket Festiva repair help photos which aren't of much use to anyone anymore.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

A NAS box is short for network addressable storage.
                    My box has dual RAID hard drives with terabytes of storage.
                    Perfect for backing up and storing large amounts of data.

A domain name is what GoDaddy sells.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-18-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

No click for sure. Theres quite a few photos of yours in the past that i havent clicked on. Sorry. Im just lazy i guess and dont want my phone to have to load a new page for your photo and then have to reload the forum when i hit back...
                      A NAS box is short for network addressable storage.
                      My box has dual RAID hard drives with terabytes of storage.
                      Perfect for backing up and storing large amounts of data.

A domain name is what GoDaddy sells.
                      2 drives in an array? Or 2 seperate raid arrays?
                      We just had an issue at my work where the whole raid array of 4 drives failed. Back to paper.... lots a ton of years of info. $5000 to maybe get some of it back. Raid 5 i think it was. One drive was starting to fail, didnt replace it right away and it and another drive failed at once shortly after. Cant rebuild itself and the fancy remote backup was sitting in the office not set up yet...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Redundancy is critical in a business. I was a unix sysadmin for many years. Multiple internet connections from different sources and extra new hard drives were standing by if needed to be swapped in.
                        The person who got the drive failure message needs to be fired for incompetence due to slow reaction.
                        You must always check the nightly backups. I frequently restored the live backup to the test account to ensure everything was functioning as it should.

I will start displaying pictures instead of links. Thanks for mentioning that many members now access this forum by phone.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 11-19-2017, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Redundancy is critical in a business. I was a unix sysadmin for many years. Multiple internet connections from different sources and extra new hard drives were standing by if needed to be swapped in.
                          The person who got the drive failure message needs to be fired for incompetence due to slow reaction.
                          You must always check the nightly backups. I frequently restored the live backup to the test account to ensure everything was functioning as it should.

I will start displaying pictures instead of links. Thanks for mentioning that many members now access this forum by phone.
                          It sure is. Small buisness, total of 5 people. The boss/owner is the one who got the drive failing message and i suppose he thought he had more than a couple days to fix it. That nas was the backup for the 3 office computers but it also had a lot of info that was only on it...
                          No problem, i dont really know how many view it by phone, but i would imagine quite a few. I rarely use a computer.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Brave, so I click on the GoDaddy link and of course have YouTube set on autoplay while I'm drinking my morning coffee. An hour later I realize why I don't own a TV. Makes me think of a song by Frank Zappa : I'm the slime oozin' out of your TV set.......LOL.

Comment

Thanks. Okay, I know what at RAID is. They came in about when I retired fom computer services management. And the importance of redundancy. The rest is new and strange. I just work on my car now.
                              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X