Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly5984
    replied
    Just put a set of Federals on mine today. At around $32/tire from jet.com. I haven't really heard anyone say anything about them but Federals are pretty well known. I wouldn't think I'd have any problem out of them. Just an option for you to think about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CyberEric
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm loving the car so far. I've had it about two weeks. Only thing I've noticed is that it needs new front tires, which may be hard to find in stock size. I think I'll have to pony up for the Yokohamas since everything else sounds like it's crap according to what I'm reading here. It's a bit scary in the wet right now.

The headgasket also appears to be weeping some oil unfortunately. Nothing major, but it's not ideal. The previous owner, who was a really nice guy and had two of these cars, put synthetic oil in the car out of nowhere, so I'm thinking of going back to conventional oil and see if that changes anything. Anyone have experience switching between the two in these cars? I thought it was something you did gradually, and he sort of did it out of nowhere, so that doesn't seem great...

All told, I'm thrilled so far. Got 41 mpg on my second tank, and I love driving it!
    Last edited by CyberEric; 03-03-2018, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Welcome! Looks like a nice car, how long have you had it now?

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Thats some sweet action, wow....silver is a great color for these cars. enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    welcomsign
    Welcome! I really like rust free,
    Stripe kits are still available. Any color goes with silver.

Leave a comment:

• radi8u
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, Eric! They are great little cars, fun, simple, and reliable!!! This is the place to learn a lot about them, from bone stock to highly modified. Look up "gas hood struts in 15 minutes". It's one of the simpler and, to me, more useful mods I've found here. Have fun!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.. Very nice Festiva you have there...and only 76k for $1600 You got a really good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Hi! Just bought a Festiva, figured I found the place to talk about it

Hi all,

I've been eyeing Festivas for a long time. I'm not sure what got me into them. Maybe it was the lightweight, fun-nature along with good space and reliability that got me interested. I don't remember when it happened, but I got the bug a number of years ago. I had never really needed one though. But recently I was looking for a good commuter hatchback, something like an older Mazda 3... but then a this car came up for sale on Craigslist, and I decided to take a look.

1991, 76K miles, 2nd owner, CA car for $1600. My wife and I drove it, and really liked it, so we decided we should just pull the trigger!

So glad I did, we are loving it so far!

I'll see if I can post some pics...

Working...
X